Results are in!!!

surfer495

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
So, my results came back from AFPC today, 10% with severance. This is about what I expected. I was boarded for OSA and Degenerative Disc disease. Since I have had positive results since using the CPAP machine, I was not given a rating for that. My back is what earned me 10%. This seems right for me since I have fairly good range of motion and I am not completely limited from my back. By looking at the va schedule of ratings, this seems like that is what I should be getting. I will accept these findings and move on with my life. I need to move on.

8 months in the DES and apart of the DOD/VA Pilot program
63 days at the IPEB

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
surfer495,

I wish that everyone who is a member here could get to 30% or higher. However, sometimes that is not what the facts support. If you are confident that the OSA is not unfitting, then I think you have made a good choice and I congragulate you both on getting through the process with a result you accept and also on getting the 60% rating from the VA.

I hope everything goes well with your transition and that you stick around here or pop in to let us know how things are going!

cvma544

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Surfer,

If your happy then I am glad for you, I know I wish it was all done for me, hate the hassles and the waiting.

Congrats.

Stu

Purple

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
surfer495,

It's good that you finally received your results and that you were able to agree with the rating. Congratulations on your results from the IPEB and your 60% rating from the VA!

builtgypsy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm happy this is finally over for you. 60% for the VA, that's great! Congratulations! :D

surfer495

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Thanks everyone! Now I just have to wait for my orders. I really hope they come quick. The sooner I outprocess and move, the better things will be for me and my family. It isn't easy to outprocess from the military and its really not easy to move from the east coast back to the west (3000 miles).

bigdogg1

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Surfer,
I think I have asked this before, but did you have to pay back the severance due to the VA's 60% finding? I believe I heard that they would just subtract your monthly VA entitlement from the amount of severance you received and once the balance is zero, you will received the VA check? I believe I will be offered severance and I hope that I don't have to pay back the severance, because I intend to pay off bills and have some extra money, while seeking a job.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You have the option of paying back the money, but the normal (default)process is as you described. They subtract your monthly VA entitlement from the amount of your severance until you reach a zero balance.

bigdogg1

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I should get my results any day now. I seem to have the same medical issues. I have DDD, herniated discs, and sleep apnea w/CPAP. Do you mind me asking what your Range of Motion (ROM) was?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">