Results are in

Mossberg

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Finally heard word back and the results are 20% medically separated w/ severance.

Is that what you were expecting?

Yea I had a good idea what it was going to be by looking at the VASRD conditions and ratings. Just the hardest part was the wait. Got a lot of education of everything by using this site and by knowing quite a few people along with myself going through the medical board process both in the Coast Guard and Navy. I'm not going to challenge it because that is a whole other ball game that I don't want to get into. Got a good job on the outside so now I am awaiting discharge whenever that will be.

Yea I had a good idea what it was going to be by looking at the VASRD conditions and ratings. Just the hardest part was the wait. Got a lot of education of everything by using this site and by knowing quite a few people along with myself going through the medical board process both in the Coast Guard and Navy. I'm not going to challenge it because that is a whole other ball game that I don't want to get into. Got a good job on the outside so now I am awaiting discharge whenever that will be.
Nonetheless, congratulations! :) Take care and enjoy! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Hope you feel better my friend! I need a lot of help and am nervous for my situation. Hope these forums help as much as they have helped you.

Hope you feel better my friend! I need a lot of help and am nervous for my situation. Hope these forums help as much as they have helped you.

Let me know if you need anything answered. Are you Coast Guard?

No, Air Force. My situation is pasted below:

I have had back trouble for 5 years from a few deployments and advanced SERE training in 2014. I have kept my mouth shut because of fear mongering over the last 5 years of my career. I have been in for 8 years and started documenting my back issues since November last year. Also, ever since the ERB took place in 2014 in the Air Force my head has never been right. I feel as if a noose is hanging over my head every day that I go to work (as if I can receive a pink slip at any moment). My PCM and the surgeon general of the area are making me see mental health now as well. After my last PT test in November 2015 I woke up in extreme pain and decided that was it. Since then I have tried physical therapy which didn't work and they finally gave me an MRI. The MRI showed L4, L5, S1 bulging with degenerative spinal disease in those discs as well as my T11 and T12.

When I tried physical therapy my reoccurring pilonidal cyst came back that I had surgery on in 2010 and then an ER visit in 2012 while on leave. It has closed up but feels as if it is going to open back up. Since physical therapy didn't work I have to many appointments and the ER 6 times in the last 2 months with 2 weeks of quarters all together. I had my first epidural last Wednesday and the doctor hit my sciatic nerve two times during the procedure. This caused me to go to the ER again because of numbness ni places there should not be and extreme pain in my left buttocks area, random shooting pain down my leg and more numbness in my left foot than normal. I have a sleep test coming up since I only sleep 2 to 3 hours a night and that has been occurring since 2013.

The doctor wants me to meet him again in July for further evaluation and I have another epidural on June 1st which I am not looking forward to any more. It has been mentioned to be med boarded since I have been on a profile for 8 months that I am mobility restricted cannot do any component of the PT Test and sit or stand for longer than 30 minutes. I think this is it and the mental strain of the pain and paranoia is getting to me and cannot take it anymore. Does it sound like I about to start a MEB or PEB? What should I expect? I have no idea how this works or whats going to happen. My AFSCs were 3C351, 3D151, 1N251C, and 1N471A in 8 years of service. I have a lot of appointments to come up and more mental health appointments as well. Please any advice of what you think should happen and the time lines would be great thank you for your time all.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Honestly man just take a breath and let the process take it's time. There worst thing I did during my process is worry and fret about what was going to happen. All you can do is go to your appointments and play the game until everything is complete. The process for the Coast Guard and the Air Force is a little different, but it does seem like you will be going to a Medical Evaluation Board/PEB. Im not even going to lie to you, most Boards end up in separation of some sort either retired or medically separated so I would start getting your ducks in a row just in case. Do you feel as if you can do your job in the Air Force?

Honestly man just take a breath and let the process take it's time. There worst thing I did during my process is worry and fret about what was going to happen. All you can do is go to your appointments and play the game until everything is complete. The process for the Coast Guard and the Air Force is a little different, but it does seem like you will be going to a Medical Evaluation Board/PEB. Im not even going to lie to you, most Boards end up in separation of some sort either retired or medically separated so I would start getting your ducks in a row just in case. Do you feel as if you can do your job in the Air Force?

I can do my job however, some days I have to go to the ER and get quarters mid day for a few days, or try to tough it out. Another aspect is, I none World Wide deploy-able; cannot do any aspect of the PT Test accept the waist measurement. It's a struggle to meet standards every day and its taking a tole on me mentally. I look at it as if it is hard to meet a standard while my peers exceed it. How am I supposed to go on, I mean my evals and progress. I am depressed and very paranoid. I have been going to the mental doctor for the last two months on base. Its hard to live and be proud of the service I do on a daily basis. I feel that I have lost a lot of hope and no one is there to help besides judge and perceive me as either faking or being a nefarious little ****. The MRI's don't lie and the pain is only getting worse; had an epidural on my back a few weeks ago and I have new symptoms in my left leg, buttocks, and genitals.

I am not doing that ever again, the guy even hit my sciatica during the operation 2 times. WTF, I am worse off now then I was before and it was bad before. Now its awe-full.