retirement compensation?

james7607

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Im just starting the process and I was curious, If the PEB only finds one condition unfit for service and awards me 10% and the VA awards me say 50%, would I still get a retired ID card and access to commissary etc?

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Im just starting the process and I was curious, If the PEB only finds one condition unfit for service and awards me 10% and the VA awards me say 50%, would I still get a retired ID card and access to commissary etc?

You need a minimum 30% from the military side to be eligible for military disability retirement and all the perks (ID card, commissary, Tricare For Life, etc).

Anything less than 30% from the military side is possible severance or possible return to duty.

If your ratings come back as combat or combat-related, some or all of your retirement, or some or all of your severance would be tax exempt.

Read all you can on this web site and use the search button.

What are your medical/mental health issues?

Are all your health issues noted on the NARSUM - regardless if they are fit or unfit?

Where are you in this stage of the process?

nwlivewire

james7607

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just put all my claims in on thursday 13march2014. I was referred to MEB for chronic coccydenia (had tailbone removed due to injury, still causes pain) an from what Ive read its 10% no more no less. I also claimed anxiety possible PTSD, morton's neuroma in my right foot, bilateral hammer toes, decreased range of motion and arthritis in my right wrist (surgery dated prior to join date), arthritis pain in both hands (due to boxers fractures on a humanitarian aid deployment), constant ringing in ears, herniated intervertebral discs in lower back and restless leg syndrome. I have all my exams next week and pre-narsum on the 25march2014.

moneyblind

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Unfortunately the best thing you can do is just wait; The DOD percentage (the percentage that gets you the retiree card at 30%) is only for conditions deemed as contributing to making you unfit for service. That is of course if they find you unfit. AKA, just because you claimed the other items, doesn't mean that they will contribute towards the 30% needed; However, there is a good chance that they could if the PEB board finds them a disqualifying condition...

Alot of variables! Good luck!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">