Retirement instead of Medical Board?

I’m at 22 years and stationed overseas with a DEROS in June ‘24. Am I able to retire instead of going through the med board process? Appreciate any help or info.

I’m at 22 years and stationed overseas with a DEROS in June ‘24. Am I able to retire instead of going through the med board process? Appreciate any help or info.
You have two active posts with exactly the same narrative.

It appears no one with that knowledge has seen your post yet.

I have no expertise in that particular area.

Most posts receive a reply within 24 hours.

Ron
@chaplaincharlie @Provis

You have two active posts with exactly the same narrative.

It appears no one with that knowledge has seen your post yet.

I have no expertise in that particular area.

Most posts receive a reply within 24 hours.

Ron
@chaplaincharlie @Provis
I appreciate it. I posted the other one in the wrong area I believe and thought I had deleted it.

It varies. For example the AF allows enlisted to make that choice, but not officers. In what branch are you serving?

It varies. For example the AF allows enlisted to make that choice, but not officers. In what branch are you serving?
UPDATE

According to the PEBLO there is not a way for me (enlisted active duty AF over 20 years) to retire instead of going through any part of this process. I am either returned to duty and have to wait a year out from my DEROS to apply or I go through the MEB process.

I’m at 22 years and stationed overseas with a DEROS in June ‘24. Am I able to retire instead of going through the med board process? Appreciate any help or info.T
the MEB process can be long, I'm coming up on 2 years now. You're coming up on your retirement and you'll be able to file for VA disability and get both pension and VA disability. Only advantage to MEB is possibly getting out sooner.

There are other benefits. Copay on rx being one.