Retirement orders timeline

bdbutche09

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I just received a letter from the PDBR and the navy telling me I am being put on pdrl (permanent disability retired list). I was wondering if anyone knew what happens now. How long does it take to get my corrected dd214? Does it come in a packet? Is there a ceremony? Any help would be greatly appreciated....I am lost in all of this.

Your Branch's Retirement service office should've given it to you, right there on the spot when you went to do your DD215 to change your original DD214.

Last edited:
T-man,

Thanks for the reply. I have yet to receive my retirement paperwork. I spoke to a man this past week and he told me two weeks and I will have it. The only problem I have is where the hell I take it? I live in Indiana and the closest base is Chicago. Can I take it to dfas? That is close to be at ft. Bejamin Harrison? That is army though so idk. Help me out if anyone can.

I just got clarification from our local retirement office. PDRL or TDRL does not have to be changed on DD214. The only document that will state the change from TDRL to PDRL is your retirement orders or an amendment to it. In your case there is no need to turn in anything or a request for a DD215.

He sort of explain that his office even though it's located on an Army Base, they service all retirees in the area, regardless of which Branch you retired from. They cover 5 states. ...In case you have any future issues, just check out the DFAS retirement office if they offer the same kind of service to save time from going to Chicago.

Good Luck

T-man

T-man thanks for your response. I do have to receive something because my dd214 says honorable with severance. I don't know what I am suppose to receive but I know that it has been over a month since I received my paperwork from the board telling me I was retired. This all sucks because I really need the insurance for my family. We have suffered alot and my family needs tricare.