Retirement Orders

ce28

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
What is typically the timeline to receive your retirement orders? I was placed on PDRL and signed my 199 almost two weeks ago. My PEBLO has kept me in the dark during this whole process and it's been really frustrating. Is there anywhere I can check to see what the status is? I really need to get my move figured out. Thanks

What is typically the timeline to receive your retirement orders? I was placed on PDRL and signed my 199 almost two weeks ago. My PEBLO has kept me in the dark during this whole process and it's been really frustrating. Is there anywhere I can check to see what the status is? I really need to get my move figured out. Thanks
Active Duty Army by the way.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

In retrospect with my specific situation while previously in the DoD IDES process, a duration of 58 calendar days had elapsed before I received my military disability retirement orders since I appealed the FPEB findings via the DA Form 199-1.

As such, it would seem that your receipt of military disability retirement orders should be significantly less. At this point, I would suggest that you contact the military Retirement Service Office (RSO) on your military installation for additional assistance. The military RSO needs the TRANSPOC message from the USAPDA in order to generate your military disability retirement orders.

With that all said, congratulations to your completion of the DoD IDES process and your placement onto the DoD military PDRL! Take care and enjoy! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

mine was about the same--4-6 weeks. once orders are in hand, I think you have 10 days to clear.

I've been on TDRL since January 2017 and just got 70% DoD signed my PEB concured last Friday. howlong would that take. Plus My last duty station was in Maryland and I moved to Florida. So I am not sure what will happen.

Timelines vary but +- 30 days is reported frequently.

It normally takes about 2 weeks for transpoc message and then retirement services will call you and have the conversation about what your terminal leave date and retirement date will be. You have a 90 day window IIRC.

I'll relate my recent experience. My retirement orders (Army) were dated for 24 OCT. So I made an appointment for the 24 OCT the DEERS office told me that they couldn't issue my retired ID because my orders were never entered in the system. After numerous calls I got the standard Army excuse So and So PCS'ed and they were supposed to do it and it might take a week or so for the system to update. I contacted my command and fortunately I knew the 1 Star from a previous assignment needless to say it was done in 24 hrs. Mind you I took time off from my job and my wife did the same. And my wife and myself had to take a second day off from work to go get the ID after this screw-up.

Fortunately my boss is retired from the Army Reserve and understood. He told if it's any consolation they unlike the Army I was free to fire anybody in the company who ever screws up anything. I will not miss the Army at all. After over 30 years of service and I can't even retire without a screw-up.