Retirement Process for Air Force (PDBR)

Was able to contact a DFAS individual (Tinker2Cute's contact) last week and he stated, they are actively working my retirement account. Still have not heard back from the guy (David Brown) who is working my account. Will attempt another call this week.

Received DFAS retirement statements Monday as well as backpay deposited Monday and Tuesday this week. Have not received any statement from DFAS explaining the backpay calculations.

Got a call from someone at DFAS stating the PDBR has not sent my package and that they cannot do anything until they do. They said they have not received anything from PDBR FOR MONTHS!

Anyone have any other contact info? I’ve called an emailed those DFAS contacts multiple times and today was the first response I’ve gotten in 45 days from them. I’m at my wits end. Does filing an IG complaint help?

I have no contact numbers for DFAS. My file is there too. I was told by DFAS that nothing was forwarded. Does anyone have contact number for DFAS?

I had to file an IG complaint to get anything happen from my side. DFAS continued to tell me they did not receive and orders/DD214 from AFPC.

Use the AFIG email to start: [email protected]. I didn't hear anything back for a week so I called the hotline 1-800-525-0102 and received and email back from Terry Pim ([email protected]) started looking into why my orders/DD214 orders were not being sent. AFPC stated they had to send my orders to DFAS again as a courtesy. Here is the response I got from IG:

"No one deliberately delayed process the directive from the PDBR. You had to be gained in MilPDS; that takes multiple offices to do and is not a quick process. Then they updated MilPDS with the information from the PDBR directive. They redid your orders and DD Form 214 then sent them to DFAS. For some reason or another DFAS did not get the paperwork, which is something that happens from time to time. So they sent it a second time and confirmed DFAS received it."

I don't really believe this seeing how I was gained in MilConnect 2 months before?

Our DFAS contact for the PDBR is: David Brown: [email protected]
Phone number is 216-502-0304

Thank you. I don’t understand how I was able to get my ID, but 5hry can’t send my package to DFAS. Unreal.

There are some serious procedure issues in how the AF handles the PDBR cases. Unfortunately filing IG complaints to help push this process is our last avenue. Hopefully these complaints will shed some light on the issues to be resolved and help others in this process behind us.