Retirement...

grizz13

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Funny that people aren't being sent their proposed ratings from the VA, I never recieved mine. But it doesn't matter because it's in the 199 packet anyways. So to me it's a waste of money and paper sending it out to individual people because the PEBLO is going to give you a copy anyways!

Jennifer.Duhaine

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My PEBLO told me the proposed ratings over the phone. Told me they would be on the 199 however.
My question is the same as Jessicas once the ACTUAL results come back (they said about the 10th) how many days do I have to get out? I have 58 days on the books and my OIC is pushing for me to take house hunting and job hunting.

K

kiefer82

I would be happy if I just knew something. I trully wish you guys the best and hope we all get what we deserve. God Bless.

grizz13

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My PEBLO told me the proposed ratings over the phone. Told me they would be on the 199 however.
My question is the same as Jessicas once the ACTUAL results come back (they said about the 10th) how many days do I have to get out? I have 58 days on the books and my OIC is pushing for me to take house hunting and job hunting.
Take it!!! It's upto 20 days of free leave! Almost an extra month of pay!!!!

Jennifer.Duhaine

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I actually received a call from my peblo while I was at a doc appointment today at 347 indicating my results from med board where in to give her a call by 4. I got to her a 403.....Oye she wasn't in. After all this waiting these last few hours have been the worst!

grizz13

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I actually received a call from my peblo while I was at a doc appointment today at 347 indicating my results from med board where in to give her a call by 4. I got to her a 403.....Oye she wasn't in. After all this waiting these last few hours have been the worst!
Good for you! Call first thing in the morning to get your review of the DA199 set up, once you go do the review take it to MEB JAG immediately! Read up on post #200 on Fort LEwis PEB direct link here: http://www.pebforum.com/site/threads/fort-lewis-peb.15161/page-10 for a fill-in of what to expect in the next 120ish days (maybe 135ish depending) that you have left (includes your terminal leave & PTDY). Congrats on the call, let us know your rating info!

K

kiefer82

Take everything the military will give you. I am active Navy too, and I tell you what I know you are ready to go, but take advantage of whatever they give you, cause believe me they get their money out of us thats for sure. Good luck. Navy Bud!

Jessica D.

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I think I have the answer to this one. When I signed my official findings, I got to pick a day within 60 days. And, the guy counseling me said that my leave should be taken before that date.

GoWings

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Jessica,

Did you go through Portsmouth for your Med Board Stuff??

chpperlvr64

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
well for everyone involved my self included this whole process is long and sh!tty right now the board got my package on july 9,2013 and july19,2013 i was found unfit and package was sent off to but the va is saying on the phone and on ebenefits that they got my package in the begining to middle of june and nothing on e benefits has changed except for it saying that requested documents is over due and the va is saying that they have everything they need. so i dont know how long this will take now

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
well for everyone involved my self included this whole process is long and sh!tty right now the board got my package on july 9,2013 and july19,2013 i was found unfit and package was sent off to but the va is saying on the phone and on ebenefits that they got my package in the begining to middle of june and nothing on e benefits has changed except for it saying that requested documents is over due and the va is saying that they have everything they need. so i dont know how long this will take now
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process has its "peaks and valleys" but the potential award of military disability compensation benefits is well worth the "IDES waiting game" from the overall grand scheme of life; in my opinion.

To the best of your ability, I would offer that you remain positively proactive throughout your interactions while in the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process to ensure the best possible solution(s) for yourself and your loved ones.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

grizz13

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'll try and explain this to make sense.
1. The VA had it the day the PEB sent it to them.
2. It takes up to 31 days for the VA to "recieve" the packet. Which means that someone opened it, printed it, and started the rating process.
3. Once the rating is complete and E-Bennies states Pending Notification, that means the VA sent it back to the PEB.
4. The PEB recieved it the following day.
5, The PEB has up to 31 days to "recieve" the packet, same process as the VA.

Sheryl Kitchen

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
They (and by "they", I mean the VA) came back in my stuff pretty quick. Quite a bit faster than I was anticipating. I don't understand why it takes so long for some people's cases. I claimed a bunch of stuff, so I don't get it.
Jessica,

I wish you the absolute best with your continued process and retirement. I am glad you were able to get through the system smoothly, I as well have had a smooth process, and it bothers me to hear and read about others who have not, it saddens me that our Military members and Veterans are treated with a little more respect, care and dignity when it comes to the VA and these systems. All we can do is wish everyone the best, stay strong and patient and continue to take care of self. I have quoted my entire Military Career to myself and my Soldiers "No one can take care of YOU, Better than You" being proactive helped me a lot in the system, I stay on top of my PEBLO even when he tells me to be patient, I tell him I am just keeping communication lines open. Best of luck with the retirement and future.

Respectfully,
Sheryl

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">