Retro CRSC Vs. DOD Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwiksting

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have a complicated question and situation, at least to me. I am waiting for my orders to publish, however, I called PDA yesterday and asked about it. I was told that my orders were waiting for the final signature. It stated my retirement will be effective June 2010. I was discharged in May 2006. My question is, the ABCMR orders stated "if found unfit that the original discharge be voided, and a new discharge be issued Retro active to the original discharge date" (May 2006).

What would be beneficial to me? To pursue the original discharge date, or let it go to get it over and accept the June 2010 date.

Have been receiving VA pay at 80% since March 2005, which 70% of it has been deemed combat related by the PEB. I was granted TDIU October 1 2013. I was an E7 over 18yrs in May 2006, NG. My total active years = 11.8 (LOS). My DOD is 50% PDRL effective……?? June 2010 or May 2006.

Question is, My high 3 in 2006 was $3408. My high 3 in 2010 would be $4260. I need a pay/crsc guru to help me untangle this. Thanks

I have a complicated question and situation, at least to me. I am waiting for my orders to publish, however, I called PDA yesterday and asked about it. I was told that my orders were waiting for the final signature. It stated my retirement will be effective June 2010. I was discharged in May 2006. My question is, the ABCMR orders stated "if found unfit that the original discharge be voided, and a new discharge be issued Retro active to the original discharge date" (May 2006).

What would be beneficial to me? To pursue the original discharge date, or let it go to get it over and accept the June 2010 date.

Have been receiving VA pay at 80% since March 2005, which 70% of it has been deemed combat related by the PEB. I was granted TDIU October 1 2013. I was an E7 over 18yrs in May 2006, NG. My total active years = 11.8 (LOS). My DOD is 50% PDRL effective……?? June 2010 or May 2006.

Question is, My high 3 in 2006 was $3408. My high 3 in 2010 would be $4260. I need a pay/crsc guru to help me untangle this. Thanks
Have you been in reserves since 2006? Don't see how you are in a PEB/MEB if you already been discharged?

Update to this post…..I just talked with PDA and it appears as if they were going to make a mistake with the retirement backdate. The analyst did not read the the entire ABCMR decision. I pulled it up while we were talking and pointed to what the decision said "Void the original date date of separation" which was 19 May 2006. He saw where the State of Florida transferred me to the Retired Reserves on 27 June 2010. My original orders transferred me from the NG to the Retired Reserves on 19 May 2006. Don't think that helped my financial side of retirement, but I do not want to be audited 5 or 6 years from now and have retired pay withheld because of this mistake.

My other question would be if anyone knew, The VA rated me 70% in 2005, where the Army rated me 50% for the exact same thing. When I finally get orders and file for crsc what % do I use? The CRSC form asks about ratings and they specifically ask about VA ratings. My VA rating was static from 2005 to October 2013, and then it was 70%TDIU. It is ALL Combat related with the exception of the other 2 10%'s

So my scenario looks like this in 2006:
VA 80% …..combat related 70%
DOD 50%

it looks like this until October 2013 and then:

VA 80%TDIU…... 70% combat related (the TDIU is because of combat related)
DOD 50%

E7 over 18yrs in May 2006, NG. My total active years = 11.8 (LOS). My DOD is 50% PDRL effective May 2006.
High 3 3408

Was your VA rating 70% for PTSD? If it was VA will consider it 100% rating since they granted you TDIU. Now if you get other rating one or more that equals 60% rating you can apply for SMC (S).

I applied for crsc last week. I sent my application to Ft. Knox.

Did you have a VA rating before you started MEB/PEB? If you did when did you start receiving a rating for PTSD? When did you apply for TDIU and when was your effective date?

Yes, I had the Va ratings since 2005. I Applied for TDIU sep 2013 and was granted TDIU P/T. I started MEB last year, for a error on the military. My DOD % was backdated to May 2006.

Did you get back pay to September 2013? actually it should be October 1 , 2013?

VA backpay. I am still waiting on DFAs to build my retirement account. I was officially retired 50% pdrl 19 May 2006. Its been about a month since DFAS got my orders, and I also sent a VA waiver in to the VA. I think that may have triggered a new claim on Ebenefits. It says something about "NRnewbundled" and an adjustment to retired pay. I have not got any retired pay as of yet.

So again not trying to be rude but I need clear information. So you started receiving TDIU pay on October 1 ,2013 correct? Do you have student loans? Are you married? you have kids?

Single no dependents. I was supposed to go thru the MEB in 2006, but was not allowed. I was brought back in the military to do an MEB/PEB last july. I finished up with orders backdated to May 2006. 50% pdrl. Yes I have been granted Social security. Yes started receiving TDIU October 2013.

no sir, no student loans. Just curious about retro retire pay and retro crsc

Status
Not open for further replies.