ROM Measurements

nunez1795

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
First I would like to say thanks for all the information that you have all given me by posting. I am getting closer to the end. I just received my NARSUM. I had a question does the write up go to VA and does it override the C & P exams. The reason for the question the under the Quality Assurance Check "Apparent Inconsistencies" QTC reported markedly decreased range of motion.... However, the soldiers medical records do not report such decreased rang of motion."
Also a second question which ROM measurements do I use to try to find out ratings. On my C & P i have the first ones "INITIAL ROM MEASUREMENTS" then down further it had FLARE UPS. It stated "NO under is the examination being conducted during a flare up. Pain for cause of functional loss: Then a second set of ROM measurements.

Thank for the Help. Just preparing if this will be sent to the VA and could effect my ratings.

The NARSUM is used in the DoD part of the process. The VA uses the C&P exams to generate percentages. ROM is a big part of some compensable diseases/injuries, but not always the sole factor for determining compensation. Is the second set of measurements for the same body part? Are they significantly different?

On all my exams they did a 2nd reading all my body joints. I just thought it was stranges that they put the 2nd readings under the Flare ups. I attached the form. Almost all my exams are done the same way. Also the third attached is of Irritable bowel syndrome. The Doctors marked Diarrhea and constipation separately instead of using the box for Alternating. I saw that Alternating is rated higher.

Thanks Again

Attachments

• Signs and symptoms.pdf
    267 KB · Views: 16
  • Initial ROM.pdf
    607.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Flare up.pdf
    340.8 KB · Views: 11
The NARSUM is used in the DoD part of the process. The VA uses the C&P exams to generate percentages. ROM is a big part of some compensable diseases/injuries, but not always the sole factor for determining compensation. Is the second set of measurements for the same body part? Are they significantly different?

On all my exams they did a 2nd reading all my body joints. I just thought it was stranges that they put the 2nd readings under the Flare ups. I attached the form. Almost all my exams are done the same way. Also the third attached is of Irritable bowel syndrome. The Doctors marked Diarrhea and constipation separately instead of using the box for Alternating. I saw that Alternating is rated higher.

Thanks Again

Attachments

• Initial ROM.pdf
    607.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Flare up.pdf
    340.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Signs and symptoms.pdf
    267 KB · Views: 7
The second set of ROM is based on repetitive motion/flare ups. I notice the examiner marked that the number were neither consistent nor inconsistent with the exam. I believe you will receive compensation based on the most restrictive ROMs reported.

As for the IBS it appears the doctor is saying the primary symptom is diarrhea.

My IBS has checked for #3: Alternating diarrhea And constipation, Abdominal distention, Vomiting, Other: mid-epigastric burning, diminished appetite, ocassional abdominal bloating, flatus, and belching.

However, for #4, The box is marked NO for episodes of bowel disturbance with abdominal distress, or exacerbations or attacks of the intestinal condition.

Does that make sense because it doesn't to me...???