Rough Timeline

faithclararose

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
March 2018 -- Event that caused my PTSD

June 2018 -- Recommended by therapist for admin sep

October 2018 -- Doctor Eval recommends MedSep for PTSD, I am put on LIMDU and referred to PEB

November 2018 -- Initial talk with PEBLO, selected IDES (under false pretenses -- she told me it would take 4 months??)

December 2018 -- Talk with lawyer

January 2019 -- Non-medical assessment submitted, documents submitted to the VA for appointment scheduling

April 2019 -- FINALLY get my VA appointments (System was down for 3 months, apparently)

June 4th -- Case sent to PEB

September 4th -- Case sent to VA for rating

Also, I have been approved for Home Awaiting Orders and will be moving to my home of record to stay with my family, as I am also pregnant and due in 6 weeks (Husband currently in unaccompanied training).
Does anyone know how long it should take from here? I know the main reason my case has taken so long is due to my PEBLO not being on top of things (My lawyer said she is statistically the slowest in the nation). My Home Awaiting Orders 60 day deadline will end about a week after my due date, so at that point I could just go on maternity leave. But obviously I would like for all of this stuff to be done ASAP, as I have been waiting for over a year for discharge.

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Pregnancy typically halts the MEB until the child is delivered. Your timeline suggests that you may have been pregnant at the time of C&P evaluation. If it was just PTSD they may not need to reexamine you.

Your lawyer is probably less than accurate in tossing out a statement such as “your PEBLO being statistically the slowest in the nation”.

Good news, you are on the downhill slope, less than good news, you have a few more steps to go. Timeline syncs up with a December separation if everything goes as planned.

faithclararose

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I appreciate the feedback. And it actually didn’t slow anything down, as I asked my PEBLO reached out to the PEB and VA immediately and they both responded that since it’s a mental condition, it wouldn’t cause any issues with the process.
Since my 60 days for HAO will be up in early November, do you have any idea about that and if it can be renewed? Or would I need to switch to maternity leave? I will have had everything done that I need for separation at my unit.

Edit: Also my CO had to get involved with the PEBLO a couple of times because of her lack of response to my command. He did mention that the area my case is going through is incredibly understaffed, so it’s not completely her fault.

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
HAO is a personnel related question. They will assist you if it is in their best interests. Not likely they have a choice since maternity/childbirth is involved.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">