SAFPC Grade Determination

jhalsor

Registered Member
Hello, I am in a unique situation and would greatly appreciate any input that is available. I started the MEB process a few months back and decided to proceed under LDES opposed to IDES due to my conditions and that my wife is PCSing 31 May 2020 with or without me (OCONUS to CONUS). Everything was on track until recently I learned that I will have to undergo a grade determination by the SAF. Here are some questions I have. Also, for context... I was rated 10% and will receive severance instead of retirement, its not ideal but I don't want to fight it. At the time I lost rank, E5 to E4 I was not even in the MEB process yet.

Is there any way to expedite it or waive the right to have the higher grade all together? (I know its not a great idea to accept a lower rank but in my case it is well worth it)
Anyone have a recent timeline or experience with this under LDES?
Both my PEBLO and the OAC have said they are unable to help or provide ball park times on the grade determination.

Thank you all.

Hello, I am in a unique situation and would greatly appreciate any input that is available. I started the MEB process a few months back and decided to proceed under LDES opposed to IDES due to my conditions and that my wife is PCSing 31 May 2020 with or without me (OCONUS to CONUS). Everything was on track until recently I learned that I will have to undergo a grade determination by the SAF. Here are some questions I have. Also, for context... I was rated 10% and will receive severance instead of retirement, its not ideal but I don't want to fight it. At the time I lost rank, E5 to E4 I was not even in the MEB process yet.

Is there any way to expedite it or waive the right to have the higher grade all together? (I know its not a great idea to accept a lower rank but in my case it is well worth it)
Anyone have a recent timeline or experience with this under LDES?
Both my PEBLO and the OAC have said they are unable to help or provide ball park times on the grade determination.

Thank you all.
Any update on this?