Seattle Regional VA Timelines:

Status
Not open for further replies.
See and my peblo said things are really picking up at va

Will see i hope this is just some kind of mistake.

Well this is not good to see.

If the VA scheduled me a appointment at the local VAMC and I have yet to receive my appointment would calling the VAMC be benificial for my. My Peblo and MSC can't provide me with any information. Seattle VA requested the new test on Dec 26.

Indeed, if you are tracking the exact VAMC location to where the appointment is scheduled, by all means contact them for additional details in my opinion. To that extent, you definitely do not want to miss that appointment for sure!

Hmm, I can't comprehend why your PEBLO and/or MSC are not aware of such requested action from the Seattle VA! :confused:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

This does not look promising. I thought the average days where going down for a while and i figured they would jump up around the holidays but not by over 100 days.

I wouldn't worry--the graphs are created using equations and since January is not yet complete; the equation is producing an innacurate result. The Monday Morning workload for Seattle DRAS shows an average of 1000 cases processed a week with about 1000 cases coming in . Over Christmas, they processed about 800 and that will probably be the same for the week of New Years.

Where did this graph come from?

I contacted the local VAMC and they were not tracking me having any scheduled appointments. The person I spoke with seemed misinformed telling me I should expect these appointments after I get of the the army in 4-6 months time frame. After explaining I need these test to get out he gave me a number to call but told me to just be patient and wait for the VA to call me for the appointment. About 20min later I got a call from the local VAMC to schedule my appointments. It sucks they are all the last week of January and the last one is on the 28th. I was informed to call everyday to see if there is any cancelations and I might get in earlier.

The test that I am going I already did in my QTC appointments back in June. This process makes no seance to me.

I generally stay out of time line threads overall because I don't have much faith in their value- that is, I think you can get a sense of trends and some averages, but, what really matters is the individual case that matters- person's own case.

That said, I had occasion to talk with the FPEB at Ft. Lewis earlier today. I was calling about a case that was initially adjudicated as "fit" by the IPEB, and we went to the FPEB in mid September and got an unfit finding. This resulted in forwarding of case back to VA for rating of the unfitting condition. When I spoke with the FPEB today, they said that the recent case flow suggests that for a case submitted in Sept, a rating from the D-RAS would likely be expected in March.

Like I said, I don't put much stock in averages or guesses. But, to the extent it is helpful, I thought I would share.

For those still waiting on the Seattle VA it looks like they maybe moving faster then they have been. My ETS date was 26 Nov. The closed my initial claim on 2 Jan and new claim was opened the same day. It had been in pending decision approval for two days just checked my ebenefits my final ratings are done as of today. I was expecting 90 days at least as that is what I was told when I cleared Ft Drum the end of Sept. So even with the holidays it took me 42 days for final ratings. So for those still waiting hopefully Seattle has gotten their act together and is moving faster now. I hope everyone gets a speedy end and gets the ratings they are expecting to get from Seattle sooner than later.

42 days is rather quick. How many conditions did you claim? The VA has "fast tracking" for simple, low condition quantity claims, a "regular track" for most of us, and a "special track" for homeless, agent orange etc.

The 42 days was for the final ratings after the IDES process. I got my prelim. ratings for the IDES back in Sept after about a 9 month wait. I had three claimed

latest caseload report shows ~300 cases processed last week, down from the normal 1000. IDES dashboard went down to an average of 143 days (from 158 when I started in early October) for Army folks. Jason's comment is probably accurate within a month or so if everything else holds true.

I think you have one of the best timelines out there. did you get the ratings you wanted?

I contacted the local VAMC and they were not tracking me having any scheduled appointments. The person I spoke with seemed misinformed telling me I should expect these appointments after I get of the the army in 4-6 months time frame. After explaining I need these test to get out he gave me a number to call but told me to just be patient and wait for the VA to call me for the appointment. About 20min later I got a call from the local VAMC to schedule my appointments. It sucks they are all the last week of January and the last one is on the 28th. I was informed to call everyday to see if there is any cancelations and I might get in earlier.

The test that I am going I already did in my QTC appointments back in June. This process makes no seance to me.

Indeed, but at least you were able to obtain resolution of your forthcoming VAMC scheduled appointments albeit duplicative in nature unfortunately!

To that extent, please remain strong and positively proactive; it shall definitely benefit you in the end!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

I wouldn't worry--the graphs are created using equations and since January is not yet complete; the equation is producing an innacurate result. The Monday Morning workload for Seattle DRAS shows an average of 1000 cases processed a week with about 1000 cases coming in . Over Christmas, they processed about 800 and that will probably be the same for the week of New Years.

Where did this graph come from?

I got the graphs off of my ides dashboard. you can click on each step and it will give you a graph chart with the 12 months on it.

Indeed, but at least you were able to obtain resolution of your forthcoming VAMC scheduled appointments albeit duplicative in nature unfortunately!

To that extent, please remain strong and positively proactive; it shall definitely benefit you in the end!

Best Wishes!
It is just frustrating that they could not figure these appointments out durin the the 5+ months it was at the VA or during the two previous times my case went back to gathering evedance. It seems that after this there will be more test to follow. Just getting sick of this back and forth, condsidering that I already did these test during my QTC appointments (hearing,chest X-rays, taste and smell). Hopefully this is it.

It is just frustrating that they could not figure these appointments out durin the the 5+ months it was at the VA or during the two previous times my case went back to gathering evedance. It seems that after this there will be more test to follow. Just getting sick of this back and forth, condsidering that I already did these test during my QTC appointments (hearing,chest X-rays, taste and smell). Hopefully this is it.

Indeed, I totally concur; it's definitely an unfortunate situation but please keep pressing onward! :)

As such, I am still trying to rectify deliberate and erroneously written information within my DoD IDES case via the DoD IDES appeal process. :(

But, specific individuals (e.g., MEB physicians, DoVA C&P Exam clinicians, PEB attorney) assigned except my PEBLO to my DoD IDES case are totally useless idiots who truly don't give a damn; 15+ months & counting in the DoD IDES process as a direct result of their gross incompetence unfortunately in my opinion! :mad:

Nonetheless, I shall prevail and I shall never default acceptance to potential injustice which is my stance; fight then continue to fight some more until receipt of expectations from the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process. :cool:

Best Wishes!

mpmaza2id: re your question on the IDES dashboard VA ratings average and why it fluctuated up by over a hundred days, BLUF - it's only looking at your unit and not the Army or your rating location as a whole.

I was wondering the same thing about why when you click on the VA Rating step the numbers were different from the Army average and what it was pulling from. If you look at the bottom of the chart, it's got the specific unit you're in. For me still in a maneuver unit, I was able to see that it's taken from a sample size of 2 for most months, 1 on some other months by doing the math and re-calculating the averages (I'm sure it would be much harder to determine that in a WTU because the sample size would be markedly higher). Basically, it's just for your company or battalion/squadron it's pulling from - I wouldn't be alarmed. The graph is only indicative of a very small population which can have a very large delta.

mpmaza2id: re your question on the IDES dashboard VA ratings average and why it fluctuated up by over a hundred days, BLUF - it's only looking at your unit and not the Army or your rating location as a whole.

I was wondering the same thing about why when you click on the VA Rating step the numbers were different from the Army average and what it was pulling from. If you look at the bottom of the chart, it's got the specific unit you're in. For me still in a maneuver unit, I was able to see that it's taken from a sample size of 2 for most months, 1 on some other months by doing the math and re-calculating the averages (I'm sure it would be much harder to determine that in a WTU because the sample size would be markedly higher). Basically, it's just for your company or battalion/squadron it's pulling from - I wouldn't be alarmed. The graph is only indicative of a very small population which can have a very large delta.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. It makes me feel better. Also i need some advice from some people on here. one of the unfitting conditions i was refered for is my left shoulder. I had surgery on it in feb of 2013 but it seems like the surgery failed i am going back to my ortho doc on tuesday to get it reevaluated. If he decides it failed and he wants to try again with surgery will this postpone my va ratings or the med board process.

Also i have been thinking about somethings alot and since i am a recruiter and i am not around a military post there is no wtu here to be assigned to. So they are keeping me in my unit until the process is over. Does anyone know if their is a way to get assigned to a va hospital or something like that. I need to get away from doing this recruiting s*** and start focusing on my family and me and start preparing for when its time for me to get out. I really cant do that here since we are working constantly and always working late and our mandatory work hours got extended until 1900 on tuesday and thursday.

I had a long productive day at the VA today. I had my appointments scheduled(5) total, and the last one was for the 28th of Jan. I got a cancelation today for the appointment scheduled on the 28th. I spent the whole day there waiting for cancelations and was able to finish 4 out 5 today. My remaining appointment was moved up from the 22nd to the 13th. I hope this is it for my claim.

I had a gulf war exam and the Dr really thought I was in that conflict, I think I was 13. Infantry road hard put away wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.