Seattle Regional VA Timelines:

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEah, everything is a pain in the ass for us. Honestly, I told the lady I can send her my points sheet. She said it has to officially come in from RPAC.

Probably the same for mine I would care to gander.

So they ask you what date you want? I am already cleared so I would pick tomorrow if I could.
Yeah not sure how it goes for reserves or guard, but i know active duty you can pick you date. Just can't fall after your NLT date they give you. I tried to pick tomorrow but you gotta give the out processing time to produce your clearing papers. I turned in the my ets packet today and my orders/dd 214 worksheet was done today. Already picked them up, just waiting on clearing papers which should be done tomorrow. Got a final out date of the 18th but it is really gonna be the 17th since the 18th is a donsa!

Yeah not sure how it goes for reserves or guard, but i know active duty you can pick you date. Just can't fall after your NLT date they give you. I tried to pick tomorrow but you gotta give the out processing time to produce your clearing papers. I turned in the my ets packet today and my orders/dd 214 worksheet was done today. Already picked them up, just waiting on clearing papers which should be done tomorrow. Got a final out date of the 18th but it is really gonna be the 17th since the 18th is a donsa!
Who did you call after you NLT date?

Who did you call after you NLT date?
Didn't give anybody a call. Just went into the transition office on post after they called me and told me my date. they had a checklist that was emailed of documents i needed so they could cut my orders/dd 214. Then went into out processing and requested my clearing papers as well. Hope this helps some!

All right! Indeed, congratulations! :D

Hmm, out of curiosity, is it your intent to utiilize the full 90 day maximum transition authorization for militry disability retirement purposes?

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

I have 47 days of leave and they would only aprove 10 days PTDY so i moved up the final day by 10 days so i can be on leave may 1st.

I have 47 days of leave and they would only aprove 10 days PTDY so i moved up the final day by 10 days so i can be on leave may 1st.

Okay! So, it seems that your first day on military disability retirement list is 27 June 2014 with your last day as a military service member on 26 June 2014; correct?

To that extent if a validated assumption, you should have minimum disruption of military finances since your first disability retirement pay via direct deposit should start on 1 August 2014 albeit your DRAS (LES) statement should be available on myPay by the 15th of July 2014. Take care and enjoy! ;)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Got a call this morning saying my NTL date! Hasn't even been a day since I signed 199. Final out on the 18th, just waiting on my orders to get cut now

Yeah it really was. Got a call early this morning saying my no later than date and didn't know you could get out earlier than that you just can't stay in past that date so I picked to be to final out on the 18th which is next week. Should be easy since I've already cleared cif and acap

Good deal and congratulations! :D

As previously mentioned, you don't need 30 calendar days to complete all post clearance activities! ;)

Best Wishes!

Okay! So, it seems that your first day on military disability retirement list is 27 June 2014 with your last day as a military service member on 26 June 2014; correct?

To that extent if a validated assumption, you should have minimum disruption of military finances since your first disability retirement pay via direct deposit should start on 1 August 2014 albeit your DRAS (LES) statement should be available on myPay by the 15th of July 2014. Take care and enjoy! ;)

Best Wishes!
First retirement payment usually takes 30 days post retirement so its possible his first payment will be posted before, on, or after August 1st. First payment can be deposited on any day of the month

First retirement payment usually takes 30 days post retirement so its possible his first payment will be posted before, on, or after August 1st. First payment can be deposited on any day of the month

Indeed, it's all "assumptions" at this point for sure even when briefed by the military RSO until actual receipt of the initial military disability retirement pay! ;)

Best Wishes!

I need me some orders!!! Grrr

Ebenefits changed last week to complete. Stated I will receive a letter with the results. Another claim was opened with a date of my retirement 21 Jan and it list only contentions. Not sure what to expect because 1-800 rep said she could not request a inquiry due to the nature o my claim. Letter in the mail today only states my claim is still being processed.

Not sure what to expect or believe now. My proposed ratings are 80% DoD/ 100% VA. No updates as far as my documents are concerned either. At least I'm receiving some kind of movement on my claim/s.

Ebenefits changed last week to complete. Stated I will receive a letter with the results. Another claim was opened with a date of my retirement 21 Jan and it list only contentions. Not sure what to expect because 1-800 rep said she could not request a inquiry due to the nature o my claim. Letter in the mail today only states my claim is still being processed.

Not sure what to expect or believe now. My proposed ratings are 80% DoD/ 100% VA. No updates as far as my documents are concerned either. At least I'm receiving some kind of movement on my claim/s.

Indeed, I agree in reference to "some kind of movement" albeit I have not reached that point as of yet! But, it's definitely on the horizon for sure! ;)

Best Wishes!

Yeah Billy most transition centers will wait for the official copy but they will get it electronically. If you get someone that is prior military they are a lot easier to deal with in most cases. I actually sat and watched my 214 being processed along with my orders.

I wouldn't be in too much of a rush when clearing. Some things are worth the wait....especially the finance briefing . Just make sure all pertinent info is updated. One last note on finance. Since you are Compo 2/3 make sure you contact DFAS 1-2 weeks before your leave ends to make sure they have your packet and its being or will be processed on time.

I actually called a few days out and did an inquiry and found out it was not being processed. Luckily DFAS rep for guard/reserve called me the next day and told me had my packet and was being handled. She even gave me $ amounts and date of pay and any other pay that was due. After that the pay has been on time. Hope this info helps.

Good luck !!

Good deal and congratulations! :D

As previously mentioned, you don't need 30 calendar days to complete all post clearance activities! ;)

Best Wishes!
Thanks Warrior. Got clearing papers in hand yesterday and started the clearing process. Alot of stuff involved like getting promotion orders done up to get promoted on my separation date and all

Thanks Warrior. Got clearing papers in hand yesterday and started the clearing process. Alot of stuff involved like getting promotion orders done up to get promoted on my separation date and all

All right! Outstanding news and congratulations! :)

To that extent, you are quite welcome and enjoy! :D

Best Wishes!

Yeah Billy most transition centers will wait for the official copy but they will get it electronically. If you get someone that is prior military they are a lot easier to deal with in most cases. I actually sat and watched my 214 being processed along with my orders.

I wouldn't be in too much of a rush when clearing. Some things are worth the wait....especially the finance briefing . Just make sure all pertinent info is updated. One last note on finance. Since you are Compo 2/3 make sure you contact DFAS 1-2 weeks before your leave ends to make sure they have your packet and its being or will be processed on time.

I actually called a few days out and did an inquiry and found out it was not being processed. Luckily DFAS rep for guard/reserve called me the next day and told me had my packet and was being handled. She even gave me $ amounts and date of pay and any other pay that was due. After that the pay has been on time. Hope this info helps.

Good luck !!
so a dfas rep will call me? I already cleared. Just waiting on order. I am reserve. Took me like 2 hours lol

Here is the latest on my claim:

USAR TPU Drilling Reserve Soldier:

24 May 2013 Referred to MEB
19 Jun 2013 VA Claims Completed with VA MSC
23 Jul 2013 Medical Exams
21 Aug 2013 MEB find unfit
28 Aug 2013 IPEB find unfit
25 Mar 2014 VA Ratings Complete 90%

Still awaiting PEB decision and 199.

In reviewing other posts it is obvious my timeline is off. Most Soldiers have averaged 10 days from rating to PEB decision and 199.

Does anyone have any insight as why this is taking so much longer?

Thank you,

I was checking to see what peoples opinion were on the average time for the VA Seattle RO to complete are ratings. I know that there is some factors and each case is different. Is it true that there is a 20 hour mandatory overtime for each employee at the VA Seattle office?

Thanks

I was checking to see what peoples opinion were on the average time for the VA Seattle RO to complete are ratings. I know that there is some factors and each case is different. Is it true that there is a 20 hour mandatory overtime for each employee at the VA Seattle office?

Thanks
i have heard it being as fast as 90 days, but then theres cases like mine when they are 200 days + but id say the average that ive read on this site is aroun 140 days hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.