Seattle Regional VA Timelines:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn....welp....back to the drawing board since I have some time.

During the weekend, eBenefits website states "...will be intermittently unavailable from 0600 ET Saturday 9 March to 0600 ET Monday 11 March for system maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience...We are temporarily unable to retrieve your claims information and are working to restore your access as quickly as possible."

Thus, I very seldom login to check my claim status via eBenefits. But, when I do, it would be nice to have the capability to view the C&P claim status and information; even if it hasn't changed in a couple of months. :(

Best Wishes!

So I have a theory about all this, tell me if you are noticing this in your units too........If you follow the dollar and you wanted to save money, you would have a order of importance as VA claims came in. The first guys you want out the door would be all the officers and higher enlisted. This will save you tons of money by taking them off active duty pay and putting them on their disability rating as soon as possible. Out of the officers and higher enlisted, you would want the guys that are really close to retiring on the top of the pile so that they take a disability claim rather than retire them. It would be cheaper for the Army. Now I am an E-6 and had a higher rank put his VA in after me and got his back this week and he was about to retire. Now prove me wrong and tell me there are officers or higher enlisted out there past 60 days. It would seem that if you shake the tree then they have no problem doing your claim and getting you out the door since most of you guys here have had progress using DAV but the default would be the higher paid guys out first then the lower paid guys are done when they have processed the higher paid.................

I don't think that's the case, when I was going through IDES I was attached to WTB, when I got their it's was about 10 other soldiers who reported same time (officers and NCO's and a couple of SPC including myself) we all pretty much started the IDES process around the same time and I'd say half of us got our proposed ratings back around the sametime, so it really all depends on who is working your claim and what RO your claim is at,

Their is only 4 RO that handles IDES claims, and it seems like the majority of the claims are in SEATTLE who is backlogged pretty bad, and I see you guys trying to compare timelines but if all you guys claims are at SEATTLE they y'all all are competing with each other to get your claims done

Me myself I went through SEATTLE with IDES back in September and the whole process took 7 months, I'm on terminal leave now
100 va dod

Hope I here something this week. It is at 60 days tomorrow

Hope I here something this week. It is at 60 days tomorrow

...and in 10 days or so from your proposed statement, I too hope to receive some updated VA claim information.

Best Wishes!

I don't think that's the case, when I was going through IDES I was attached to WTB, when I got their it's was about 10 other soldiers who reported same time (officers and NCO's and a couple of SPC including myself) we all pretty much started the IDES process around the same time and I'd say half of us got our proposed ratings back around the sametime, so it really all depends on who is working your claim and what RO your claim is at,

Their is only 4 RO that handles IDES claims, and it seems like the majority of the claims are in SEATTLE who is backlogged pretty bad, and I see you guys trying to compare timelines but if all you guys claims are at SEATTLE they y'all all are competing with each other to get your claims done

Me myself I went through SEATTLE with IDES back in September and the whole process took 7 months, I'm on terminal leave now 100 va dod

Well said, and congratulations on your "100 va dod" disability compensation.

Best Wishes!

I would be happy with some update.

During the weekend, eBenefits website states "...will be intermittently unavailable from 0600 ET Saturday 9 March to 0600 ET Monday 11 March for system maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience...We are temporarily unable to retrieve your claims information and are working to restore your access as quickly as possible."

Thus, I very seldom login to check my claim status via eBenefits. But, when I do, it would be nice to have the capability to view the C&P claim status and information; even if it hasn't changed in a couple of months. :(

Best Wishes!

UPDATE#1:

Upon successful eBenefits login, my C&P claim status changed as follows:

"Change of Status: We determined that your claim needed additional review. If additional evidence is needed from you, you will receive a letter from us explaining what is needed."

Thus, I am back in the "Gathering of Evidence" phase with a restart date of 8 March 2013 from previously being in the "Preparation for Decision" phase with a start date of 27 February 2013.

Well...at least, my C&P claim was actively processed for 9 days while in the "Preparation for Decision" phase as referenced in eBenefits...this is progress!

Best Wishes!

E7 here and i have been in the process the longest of all medical boards at Fort Bliss, so can't be much truth in that.

Just got my prelim ratings, one unfitting condition, 60% DoD and VA. Unfit memo sent in early Oct. For some reason my packet was placed on "VA Hold" since early Dec but my PEBLO didn't have visibility over that. smh...so my (long) timeline was an anomaly here at Ft. Drum. Keep pressing your PEBLO or go around them if you don't hear anything back. Definitely see your MSC. Good luck to you all!

Congrats

I am in a slightly different situation. I am Navy, and have been in the IDES program since 1 November 2012...My Ebenefits has said "Pending Decision Approval" for approximately 30 days now...getting a little frustrated. I have talked to the VA, and they wont give me any info as to why it is taking so long to get the decision approved. I have contacted my PEBLO...NO HELP whatsoever. MSC...NO HELP. So, I guess it is going to just take patience. But I am starting to lack in that department.

I am going through Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, PEB at Washington Yard, and VA claim is at Providence, RI.

Just got my prelim ratings, one unfitting condition, 60% DoD and VA. Unfit memo sent in early Oct. For some reason my packet was placed on "VA Hold" since early Dec but my PEBLO didn't have visibility over that. smh...so my (long) timeline was an anomaly here at Ft. Drum. Keep pressing your PEBLO or go around them if you don't hear anything back. Definitely see your MSC. Good luck to you all!

Wow..."VA hold." It seems like there's another unidentified category.

Thus, pleased to hear about your preliminary ratings.

Best Wishes!

Well no news today. Nothing updated or anything. My ebennies still says gathering evidence for a little over 5 months now. 2 months since unfit was sent. Don't know how much more I can take.

Another guy in my unit....same case....about to retire within the next couple of years had his paperwork sent to VA and was back last week. They are moving some guys through pretty quickly.

Yeah, seems like they are pushing some through fatser than others. I am eligible to retire next year, and my PEB findings were returned last week (MEB initiated DEC 2012). Looks like formal appeal, and COAD if necessary. Would really ssuck to get pushed out at 19+ years in service. Especially since my condition is not that severe.

Wen was unfit sent?

Status
Not open for further replies.