Seeking knowledge

Gunnar13

Registered Member
So I have been in this process a pretty short time now. To make things short I’m not even 2 years into my first contract. I sustained an injury during a training exercise (fractured clavicle) which to my surprise landed me on the medboard process. My case was accepted for action 27 Oct per MOL. Im not expecting to hear anything back till at least January but I’m just curious if anyone is familiar with perhaps a percentage or the amount of cases that generally come back as unfit. I’m eager to get off LIMDU status to begin workup for my first deployment but I’m afraid I’m going to miss it or even be deemed unfit and never get to deploy at all within my short time of service. My mental health is rapidly declining as everyday I have to accept the fact that I may never even get to ride out my first contract. I read on a lot of these threads of Marines that have sustained actual severe injuries within their time and it makes me frustrated that a minor injury like mine puts me through this process when I know I can continue to serve. If anyone can provide me with some knowledge or advice I would greatly appreciate it.

What are docs saying about your potential to recover? Is there some complication(s)? Clavicles are easily broken, but usually heal fine. Return to duty would be my guess, unless there is a complication.

What are docs saying about your potential to recover? Is there some complication(s)? Clavicles are easily broken, but usually heal fine. Return to duty would be my guess, unless there is a complication.
The doctor stated “Patient's pain is consistent with Right shoulder injury and old fracture clavicle malunion and not likely to improve with heavy physical activities associated with his MOS.” I guess it is worth mentioning that I have fractured both clavicles twice. Left side twice before enlistment right side once. So this is the 4th break I have had in a 6 year time span.

Yikes. Clavicle breaks are fairly common, but you may have Guinness World Record. I hate to hear you have malunion and pain.

Yikes. Clavicle breaks are fairly common, but you may have Guinness World Record. I hate to hear you have malunion and pain.

The injury itself is manageable with the proper time and care. I just feel like at this point I’m waiting until I do something like trip on a rock and it’s a broke again. Really appreciate your input and the info you provided me with!

I agree, I too would be concerned about what, if anything, underlies the frequency of broken bones.