Separated for PD DD214 updates very confused

BU1137SP0N93

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So finally was able to separate 23 May, and received my DD214 24 May. Yesterday I got an updated DD214 for administrative reasons. It changed my narrative and code from personality disorder, to condition not a disability. I think that's better, but I have no idea...has anyone else seen this?

So, you were administratively discharged? Are you OK with that? Sounds like it. I don't want to get into anything personal unless you would like to share but if it was for something medical then you better reconsider real fast. Let me know bc there still is a tendency for discharges for being labeled with personality disorder when it is not. I found out years after I was discharged that medical did this to me, or at least tried. Yeah, and that's coming back from war banged up.

What branch of service were you in?

I was airforce, and I did fight them for 2 years before they got the secretary to approve my admin sep. I talked to a lawyer that says I could get a medboard if I'm willing to risk being put back on active duty.....

If you just wanted out then I guess it's fine might have a real hard time getting VA benefits.

If your characterization of service is “honorable” as noted on your DD-214, you will have absolutely NO problem getting VA benefits to include the Post 9-11 GI BILL. (100% entitlement if served more than 36 months active duty)