Separation Date

mxridr

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I got my ratings from my PEBLO over the phone today and going in to sign for them in the morning. I got 100% DOD/100% VA. My current date of separation is 31 may, would my retirement date be before or there any way to go beyond this such as sometime in June. I have 35 days of terminal and trying to get PTDY also.

USAF90210

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It'll be late June.

20 outprocessing
20 ptdy
35 terminal (plus what you earn)

Basically they take your info, then add what they need to to get it to near the end of your last month.

jahlon

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
No matter what you do, do not let your separation date be the last day of the month. You need it to be at least 2 days before the end of the month because of how eligibility for benefits works.

I'm not an expert on it, but pretty much every person who has given me advice has said 2-3 days before the end of the month is what you want.

mxridr

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It'll be late June.

20 outprocessing
20 ptdy
35 terminal (plus what you earn)

Basically they take your info, then add what they need to to get it to near the end of your last month.
Yea either June or July, did my Med hold paperwork today.

Pyro

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
VA told me 3 days to the end of the month,

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
How this works varies a little by service. The AF let me choose a date. I had lots of leave on the books and I took it all. The retirement date had to be between the 22nd and the 27th of the month. Other services are more stringent.

GSWarrior2017

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
How this works varies a little by service. The AF let me choose a date. I had lots of leave on the books and I took it all. The retirement date had to be between the 22nd and the 27th of the month. Other services are more stringent.
This information is good to know!

mr pig

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I think if you're conus you get 20 days ptdy and oconus is 30. According to the afi anyways.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">