catherinemedboard

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey all!
How long has it taken you to get your separation orders?
Also, have you gotten out by your picked date?

If you signed your findings today, you will be out not later than 90 days from now. Typically it takes 30 days or so to get the orders. You can typically get out by your picked date, if you are able to clear the base. Try to pick a date close to the end of the month, but not on the last day of the month. This will maximize your $$ earned.

why not the "LAST" day. My PEBLO recommended the very last day of the month

If you signed your findings today, you will be out not later than 90 days from now. Typically it takes 30 days or so to get the orders. You can typically get out by your picked date, if you are able to clear the base. Try to pick a date close to the end of the month, but not on the last day of the month. This will maximize your $$ earned.
The date I picked was April 14th. Five weeks from now. Fingers crossed!

You want it towards the end of the month because if you get out April 14th you will only be paid till that date. Then your VA will not kick in till 1 June, since the VA only does full month payments. Everyone says to pick end of the month because then you will get a full month of pay from DoD and then only have 30 days till you get your first VA check. But if your official final day is say the 2nd then you will go 2 months without any check.

MorganMan- you can do the "last day" of the month also. Me personally I will give it a extra day in there for a just in case because we all know how sometimes things get messed up. So if there are 30 days in the month I will try to have my Final Army date be the 28th or 29th just to be safe.

You want it towards the end of the month because if you get out April 14th you will only be paid till that date. Then your VA will not kick in till 1 June, since the VA only does full month payments. Everyone says to pick end of the month because then you will get a full month of pay from DoD and then only have 30 days till you get your first VA check. But if your official final day is say the 2nd then you will go 2 months without any check.

MorganMan- you can do the "last day" of the month also. Me personally I will give it a extra day in there for a just in case because we all know how sometimes things get messed up. So if there are 30 days in the month I will try to have my Final Army date be the 28th or 29th just to be safe.
good note glad everyone said that i was going to go till the middle good info

good note glad everyone said that i was going to go till the middle good info

Yeah would hate to see people go without getting the most of their situations.

How did you pick a date? Im confused on that one. I signed my 199 and my PEBLO just said it takes around 2 weeks to get orders and that's it.
Yea I am wondering the same thing, I signed my 199 Feb 22nd and am still waiting on the TRANSPROC list...

Once your name hits TRANS list you will have orders with a NLT date 90 days out. At that point you will go thru the rest of the clearing process and set your leave and PTDY up. So when people say picking a date it means they are using what leave they have with PTDY. It doesn't matter when you start your leave it only matters the end date of it which sets your FINAL day. So it really depends on how many leave days you have to add to PTDY to determine your "LAST" day. If you have enough leave that puts you over the 90 day NLT date then you will be forced to sell those days back, or you can sell your leave back and only take PTDY to have your final day sooner, which is personal choice. Again like we talked about before it is in your best interest to have "FINAL" day towards end of month to maximize your earnings and shorten gap between last paycheck and VA check. And from what I have seen and read TRANS list is a little delayed across the board and taking anywhere from couple days to a few weeks. But once it does then you can be finished in days/week and on your transition leave.

I got to pick a date for my new eaos since i'm on medboard. Usually your eaos changes and you can select a date between 30-90 days from when you sign your findings.

from my knowledge by talking to PSD, If you sign your findings at the end of the month, you have a two to four week wait. If it's at the beginning of the month like me, it's a four to eight week wait.

they suggest i finish my separation packet before i get my orders. Which is what i am doing now.

Any chance you can post conditions and ratings?

Wow! You got your ratings back real fast! Congrats