Seriously, is anyone answering questions?

EODStew24

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Hey guys... quick question. I was wondering if the PEB letter stating "Cognitive Disorder and Migraines- residual of Traumatic Brain Injury" is enough evidence to FINALLY receive my purple heart. I have paperwork that shows me going to the TMC in Iraq after one of our blasts, and some history... but I feel the ARMY PEB stating I have TBI is exactly the evidence needed to receive it. At least it should be.

BTW I am NOT a medal chaser... I have been EOD for 8 years... and was in iraq for 15 months. We had over 2000 IED incidents and I was blown up several times.... only once was I able to see a medic for documentation.

Anyone heard of using the PEB Letter to the VA as evidence? Thanks.

No. Its not a source document. But it could be used in conjunction with treatment records generated at the time of injury to support a PH. The law says for a PH you have to be wounded as a result of hostile action, you have to be treated for the wound, and that treatment has to be made a part of your official record.

Stew, also having the Purple Heart... It will make it very easy for you to get CRSC for the TBI since you will have it documented.

P.S. During the holidays this site slows way down (just like the MEB/PEB), sometimes people don't get much to give advice. It'll pick back up around the 2nd week of Jan.