sever service connection

edwards7986

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
the va said they are proposing to sever a service connected disability due to a clear and unmistakable error.(not fraud) this drops me from 100 to 90 percent. do i have to pay back the 1300 dollars a month more i recieved for 10 months at the 100 percent rate vs the 90?

Hello,

Since fraud is not involved, I suspect that in your case, they will not collect the difference. This is from M21-1, the VA internal procedures manual:

III.vi.2.B.3.e.
Eliminating an Overpayment Resulting From Correction of an Administrative Error
If correction of an administrative error will create an overpayment, follow the instructions in the table below to eliminate the overpayment following completion and approval of the administrative decision referenced in M21-1, Part III, Subpart v, 1.I.3.

Do you agree the VA made an error?

no. i feel like they are being unfair. i wouldnt have done the claim to begin with if i didnt think it legit

Let us know what the condition and rating is and what they said on the DBQ and perhaps someone will be able to help you fight for your rating

Personally, I rarely see veterans beating CUE's initiated through the VA this is something that goes through many steps before they initiate it.