Severance pay being recouped twice

Amarenzu

Registered Member
Hello I payed back the full 20656 of severance pay and now i got a CUE for my right ankle so they gave me a 10% disabling for that where they started with a 0. I payed all the severance that they said i received from the ARMY and it finished in March 2017. They continued to pull money from my disability pay till Oct 2017, then i received 2 months of pay and a back pay they said i was owed for cola increase. But they payed me 1200 instead of the 90 they said i was owed. Then they started to remove money again saying i owed them money again. Now with the 10% rating for my ankle they say i was given 27k in severance and they need to withold 7k to make up for the ankle. How do i get them to stop pulling money out for something that i already paid? My VFW rep is dumbfounded, the Debt management center says it came from my regional office, and now they are working on it and saying that some of my disability falls under the new law for combat related disabilities. I don't know how to see which ones are set to that and how much they would owe me, I am perplexed as to what's really going on, each paper i get from the VA has different numbers on it, like they say in 2011 i made 1800/m but i only made 1100. I asked for an audit and the numbers didn't reflect what my E-benefits said. I really need help cause i feel like the VA is stealing money from me. I am also rated at 100% due to unemployable with a 90% rating.

I also noticed on E-benefits that i was rated a SMC (S-1) effective 06/11/2014;

Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i) on account of recurrent sprains right ankle rated 100 percent and additional service-connected disabilities of migraines, ptsd (post traumatic stress disorder), GERD (claimed as heartburn), foraminal stenosis (claimed as lumbar spondylosis) , independently ratable at 60 percent or more from 06/11/2014.
Rating Date : 04/16/2018

it does not say its temp and i am not sure if I am supposed to be getting paid this or not, but if its showing up on my eb page then am i supposed to be getting the higher pay each month as of the effective date?

Re: "I asked for an audit and the numbers didn't reflect what my E-benefits said. I really need help cause i feel like the VA is stealing money from me. I am also rated at 100% due to unemployable with a 90% rating. "

I infer from your remarks that you requested an audit by the VA and they provided the results. Apparently, the audit amounts did not show the same as the eBenefits data.

Recommend you take all your VA awards/decision letters (received in the mail, not eBenefits) to a certified veterans service officer and ask him/her to assist in this matter.

Your options in my opinion in recommended order:
--See VSO for assistance (unknown whether this has been done)
--Request an audit of your VA account (apparently this has been done)
--See VSO at this time
--Finally and as last resort, contact one of your two senators or the congressional representative for your district and request their assistance.

Ron

Yeah i took everything to my VFW rep in the regional office and she is working hard to figure out what's going on but noone is replying to her about any of it, its been since april.

Yeah i took everything to my VFW rep in the regional office and she is working hard to figure out what's going on but noone is replying to her about any of it, its been since april.
Perhaps it is time for the last resort option...

Ron