Severance Pay question

Tigerbearlove08

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I know it has been asked many times before but I can not seem to find the answer.
My husband's last day in the Army is Jan 22, and he will be getting a severance check. How long does it take to get it ? I have heard 7 to 10 business days, I have heard 30 to 45 days and I am just wondering what it will be.
Thanks everyone!!

dwagneremt

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It will depend on your post finance office. Best answer I can give is call them and see what they say. Ft Drum's finance office handled all my severance pay and final pay and with them having a four day weekend for Thanksgiving and an added snow day to that I had mine within a week of ETS.

Tigerbearlove08

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thanks dwagneremt! I know my husband and I called DFAS the other day and they said it started to be reviewed on the 10th of Jan. So they said it should be in by the 10th of Feb. Plus his final paycheck should hit around the same time so they said. I'm going to call in a few days and see where everything is in the process again :)

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">