Severance Pay

kickinchickin

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good afternoon everyone,

Finishing up my terminal leave at the moment, and am curious when I will be getting my severance pay. I was 30% DOD/ 80% VA. Anyone have any info? I called DFAS and they aren't great.

Good afternoon everyone,

Finishing up my terminal leave at the moment, and am curious when I will be getting my severance pay. I was 30% DOD/ 80% VA. Anyone have any info? I called DFAS and they aren't great.
At 30%, you will not receive a severance. you are considered medically retired at 30%. Congratulations.

Hello @kickinchickin

On September 1, 2021 you said:

”Woke up this morning on quarantine, check my email and saw my ratings. 10%/80%. Thanks for the support along the way everyone! For those watching and just getting their IPEB started, my NARSUM was signed June 23 and I did not send a expedite request”

When did your DoD rating become 30% ?

Today you mentioned: “Finishing up my terminal leave at the moment, and am curious when I will be getting my severance pay. I was 30% DOD/ 80% VA. Anyone have any info? I called DFAS and they aren't great.”

Ron

My bad, totally meant 10%, was having a conversation when I wrote this. I am 10%/80%.
@kickinchickin

I totally understand; a six-week-old kitten "helps" me answer messages and compute CRSC.

I looked for some severance payment date messages yesterday and 30 days after separation was mentioned more than once.
However, you might get a better picture by calling DFAS.

Good luck,

Ron