Severance recoup payments duplicated

Jlohrke

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am at a loss here of what to do or who to talk to. I was initially rated in 03 and began paying a severance pay back and I received a letter March of 2010 and in April 2010 I began receiving my full monthly compensation. In September 2011, a claim had been approved for asthma and my rating was increased; however I had to call and ask why I was not receiving a full amount of my compensation. I was told they were recouping to pay back a severance payment I received because their system shows it was never paid back. I began the process of requesting audits and trying to get my money back from a duplicated recoupment. Just recently, another appeal of mine was approved and I received a large lump sum minus the severance pay I already paid back once and was in the process of paying back a 2nd time. Has anyone else had a problem with double recoupments or does anyone have any idea how to get this fixed and get over 17k back? I even called DFAS/DOD back in 2011 and there was no debt under my name/SSN.

I spoke to the VA affairs again today requesting research to be done on this matter, but anyone else who has had this issue who has some input would be greatly appreciated!