Should I appeal

Ruptured Duck

PEB Forum Veteran
BTW- You're late in the game. You should've had professional help developing your case PRIOR to the MEB. The majority of cases (at least 80%), that have to be appealed to the formal PEB are because the MEB package was screwed up or the MEB package didn't have all the medical conditions of the Service Member that need to be evaluated. Garbage in = garbage out...

rumrunner

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Actually it is because of conditions that where found out about during the MEB process, I have been doing my research during and before the process has started. So your garbage in= garbage out thing is out the window.

maparker

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
There are absolutely MEB outreach counsels whose specific job is to provide legal counsel on DES matters. They were created in the last few years and are critical to get DES advice prior to the IPEB findings. The RWTF has recommended they be resourced better and that they contact everyone undergoing a MEB. If conditions were discovered in the MEB process then they are required to be covered in the MEB. Often not done but required.

Mike

Ruptured Duck

PEB Forum Veteran
Legal counsel and legal representation are two different things.

Actually it is because of conditions that where found out about during the MEB process, I have been doing my research during and before the process has started. So your garbage in= garbage out thing is out the window.
Let me get this straight...they found even more conditions during your MEB but you still only were rated at 10% during the IPEB?

Good luck.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">