Should i hold out for a higher raiting having MS?

johndoe

PEB Forum Regular Member
just recieved the ipeb results. 30% retire for ms. do i go to tx for higher % or am i just waisting everyones time? vision loss in each eye (25%) is my primarly sx with typical fatige.

poisonpanik

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
The minimum rating you can get is 30%. I took mine all the way to SAFPC but I was fighting to stay. You could very well do the same thing and fight for a higher rating. In the end you know the min you can get is medical retirement. I WOULD DEFINITELY FIGHT FOR IT! Just know that it's going to be a long wait. I waited 10 months for my appeal to SAFPC to come back. Good news is it will give you that much more time to save money and prepare for retirement :)

johndoe

PEB Forum Regular Member
AF. i kinda already figured theres no way ill be able to stay so appeling to stay would be trickey and i dont feel like the fight will be worth it.

poisonpanik

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Getting to stay really has a lot to do with what job you have. I was a 1A3 and the regulations would not have allowed me to continue flying. That coupled with CONUS only I think solidified the retirement option for USAF. Since I was trying to prove I was still operating as normal I wasn't expecting anything more than 30% If you fight for a better rating I think you could have a decent shot at getting it.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">