Shoulder Injury

jml19820224

Registered Member
I injured my right shoulder about 8 years ago and after many sessions of physical therapy with little improvement, I was given a P2 profile about 5 years ago. Now my injury is worse and I have increased physical disabilities and after being seen by orthopedics, I'm not a candidate for surgery and will have to go through an MEB. What kind of rating should I expect for this?

There are quite a bit of factors involved when it come to rating injuries. If you are going to go through a MEB, the VA will provide the rating for the injury and the military will decide whether or not it meets/fails retention standards.

Here is a link to the schedule of ratings, once you have had your VA C&P evaluation, you can match up the eval with the standards to find the percentage.

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?rgn=div5;node=38:1.0.1.1.5#se38.1.4_171a

I just got both my shoulders rated, pre-surgery. The biggest thing for your shoulders will be ROM. Kinda strange cause your dominate arm should be rated higher, but VA rated it opposite. Any who, DoD did not find it unfitting, but VA rated Left 20% and Right 10%. I have terrible ROM with pain. Good luck!

http://militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com

^^^^ This site is your best friend and worst enemy

I injured my right shoulder about 8 years ago and after many sessions of physical therapy with little improvement, I was given a P2 profile about 5 years ago. Now my injury is worse and I have increased physical disabilities and after being seen by orthopedics, I'm not a candidate for surgery and will have to go through an MEB. What kind of rating should I expect for this?

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hmm, at this point in time, have you been officially referred into the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process?

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

I suffered from a tremendous back injury in a massive accident. I was rescued by pursuer of paramedic refresher course, who gave support like an expert and saved me from huge injury. I still have some pain in my back but was saved from severe pain.