Signed my DA 199 now what?

So If I am getting med boarded and I am getting permanent retirement with 90% disability where does that put me with PTDY? Also, is there any chance I could ask to get out as soon as possible? I have like 12 leave days on top of the PTDY I will get but the earlier I can get out the better. Thanks for the help!
Is it 90 percent through the Army? If you're getting 30 percent or more through the army, then you're medically retired.

I was told it would take up to 2 weeks to get my orders. My PEBLO said today was the last time we would talk to each other. So how does PTDY work? Will I get my ETS date within a week of getting orders? I wasn't really given any extra information.
64 dyas since I signed my 199.

Does your current location make a difference with how fast your DA199 is processed through to get orders. There doesn't seem to be a true average timeline, some get orders the following week after signing their DA199 and then some are at 10+ weeks... so I was thinking location might be a factor but who knows lol .. Just trying to get a grasp of this broken system lol

Orders have nothing to do with signing your 199. It has to go and get approved by Sec Army, then you come down in TRANSPOC, that's when you get your letter of release. You take to retirement sercices and they'll cut your orders in 3 days. They were backed up at the approval level for a while, due to system changes. Just dropped a load this week of a couple thousand. So they may be catching up.
64 dyas since I signed my 199.[/QUOTE

Orders have nothing to do with signing your 199. It has to go and get approved by Sec Army, then you come down in TRANSPOC, that's when you get your letter of release. You take to retirement sercices and they'll cut your orders in 3 days. They were backed up at the approval level for a while, due to system changes. Just dropped a load this week of a couple thousand. So they may be catching up.
Got it understand that. There both related in a way.

After taking 65 days for the VA phase to be complete and now showing I'm in the next phase.. How long did u guys have to wait until u signed yur da199.. when I talked to the VA they told me my "ratings packet" was sent to me on 29 June (which I presume went to the PEB people since I haven't received anything). I tried calling and emailing my peblo and ask this same question but they don't answer or reply. Any advice on what I need to do next.. I'm beyond being frustrated.

I waited almost 60 days after my MSC told me my unofficial ratings for my PEBLO to call me and sign my DA199. Not saying it will take that long but be prepared for the wait, and remember you're almost done.

Signed my 199 June 26, PEBLO manipulates IDES dashboard to make it look like everything is on time. Got my Letter of Release 10 July. I actually wrote a letter and had my Commander sign it, asking to expedite the LOR. I wrote that with I was accepted by numerous schools, which is true and the fall semester starts in Aug, so I need to be done and in the states. I sent it on Friday morning Germany time and it was done the same day Germany time around 1530, I got the email. If you stay on top of your process, you should be fine, especially if you did your exam after Feb 2017 and it was in the new format. My exam was done March 8 at Bragg and the MEB was done the same month. The LOR is supposed to take ten days and it can, but the 4th of July slowed me down. I even had my proposed rating before the PEBLO by calling the 800 number in ebenefits and requesting they be released to me by Fax under the freedom of information act, and got it while I was on the phone. So overall the Med Exam time is bogus, I seen a week at Bragg, so it wasn't 50 days. my process took about 4 months. 100% Permanent and no future exams, and 100% combat related for CRSC, only part I hate is we have to file for
CRSC payments through HRC. My LOR says Combat Related, plus I was Airborne in 82nd for 8 of my 14 years of service. Good luck everyone, it worth the wait.
Goal Actual Delta from Goal Army Average Delta from
Army Average
Completed Date
Referral 10 13 +3 8.08 4.92 01/17/2017
redX.png

VA Claims 10 2 -8 5.71 -3.71 01/18/2017
greenCheck.png

Medical Exam 45 50 +5 42.24 7.76 03/08/2017
redX.png

Medical Evaluation Board 35 17 -18 24.29 -7.29 03/24/2017
greenCheck.png

Informal PEB 15 57 +42 27.61 29.39 05/19/2017
redX.png

VA Rating 15 8 -7 20.23 -12.23 05/26/2017
greenCheck.png

PEB Findings 12 11 -1 25.80 -14.80 06/16/2017
greenCheck.png

PEBLO Counsel & Soldier Election 13 1 -12 7.14 -6.14 06/20/2017
greenCheck.png

PEB Appeal or VA Reconsideration 55 69.27
PDA Action & SecArmy Approval 10 15 +5 31.80 -16.80 07/07/2017
redX.png

soldierIcon.png
Transition (Including Leave/PTDY) 45 5 -40 53.39 -48.39
greenCheck.png

Benefits 30 27.90
Overall IDES Process 295 179 -31 343.46 -67.29
greenCheck.png

who did you submit your letter to, hopefully not your PEBLO lol.. I asked my PEBLO a while ago if it was possible to expedite my packet because I still need to schedule my HHGs to be picked up/clear housing/lock in a new house/ preferable before the new school year for my son. I didn't even really mention about me possibly losing the job offer I currently have because im sure they are tired of waiting.. .. now if they gave out awards for worst support while going through a med board.. she would have won.. her response: "SSG, YOU chose to use the IDES process, we told you if you needed out fast use the other option, so standby...."

this email really pissed me off lol.. first off I cant stand when a civilian refers to me by just my rank, and following it up with an all caps "YOU" and the icing on the cake what the "standby" at the end. I didn't reply back because I want to say would not have been productive for my packet lol

who did you submit your letter to, hopefully not your PEBLO lol.. I asked my PEBLO a while ago if it was possible to expedite my packet because I still need to schedule my HHGs to be picked up/clear housing/lock in a new house/ preferable before the new school year for my son. I didn't even really mention about me possibly losing the job offer I currently have because im sure they are tired of waiting.. .. now if they gave out awards for worst support while going through a med board.. she would have won.. her response: "SSG, YOU chose to use the IDES process, we told you if you needed out fast use the other option, so standby...."

this email really pissed me off lol.. first off I cant stand when a civilian refers to me by just my rank, and following it up with an all caps "YOU" and the icing on the cake what the "standby" at the end. I didn't reply back because I want to say would not have been productive for my packet lol

It's the PEBLO's job. I sent it to him via email. If he doesn't send it, tell the Supervisor or Ombudsman. I worked as Cadre at the WTU for 2.5 years also at Bragg, so I knew he had to send it. The only good PEBLOs are at the WTB, the others don't want to do their job. He knew my background , so he knew not to tell me BS. You should forward that to the Ombudsman. No one has time to wait around for a LOR, which is just information already in the system, printed out.

After taking 65 days for the VA phase to be complete and now showing I'm in the next phase.. How long did u guys have to wait until u signed yur da199.. when I talked to the VA they told me my "ratings packet" was sent to me on 29 June (which I presume went to the PEB people since I haven't received anything). I tried calling and emailing my peblo and ask this same question but they don't answer or reply. Any advice on what I need to do next.. I'm beyond being frustrated.

You can request they fax or mail it to you based on the Freedom of Information Act. Mines came 5 days later in the mail, but she faxed it to me while I waited on the phone. Your PEBLO has it already

I had my proposed ratings faxed to me yesterday.. I'm kinda pissed I feel like they low balled me, just to keep me from being 100%. I don't want to sound ungrateful for being at 90% but the ratings they have me at don't make sense compared to the c&p summary.. one example my back is jacked up pretty bad and i have serious issues doing basic stuff, there are times I can't bend over to tie my shoes and times my back locks up me and I have to lay in the ground until the pain goes away even during my c&p the doc annotated all of this and I had little to no rom.. this is just one of the issues I have.. they also rated me at 0% for over 20 different claims .. just doesn't make sense..

It's the PEBLO's job. I sent it to him via email. If he doesn't send it, tell the Supervisor or Ombudsman. I worked as Cadre at the WTU for 2.5 years also at Bragg, so I knew he had to send it. The only good PEBLOs are at the WTB, the others don't want to do their job. He knew my background , so he knew not to tell me BS. You should forward that to the Ombudsman. No one has time to wait around for a LOR, which is just information already in the system, printed out.

I have a memorandum signed by my Commander to expedite my LOR. Do I send it to my PEBLO or contact someone from PDA?

Already going on week 3 of waiting for LOR.

Could you post the letter you used to request your stuff be expedited (remove all your personal info) I'm going to try and do the same

From what I understand, they are supposed to have you out of the Army within 90 days of you signing the 199. You are authorized 20 days of permissive TDY on top of whatever leave you have.
From what I understand, they are supposed to have you out of the Army within 90 days of you signing the 199. You are authorized 20 days of permissive TDY on top of whatever leave you have.
mrando69, Do you know if the 90 day time limit after signing the DA Form 199 is from an AR, Directive or other official source?