Sinusitis / ratings from VA back!

jrwoods86

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Im pretty new to the fourms and had a quick question regarding Sinusitus / Rhinitis. A little back ground I am active duty with over 5 years of service. In the last few days my peblo emailed my ratings back from the va with a 30/30.

THESE WERE MY VA FINDINGS
Asthma - 30 ARMY/30 VA

5257 Right knee patellofemoral syndrome - 0%
5257 Status Post Left Knee ACL repair with patellar Tilting 0%
5282 Right Foot 4th and 5th hammer toes - 0 %
7813-7806 Bilateral Tinea Pedis with Onychomycosis 0%

seems like they refer everything to A higher evaluation of 10 is not warranted for impairment of the knee unless there is slight recurrent subluxation or lateral instablilty.

During my MEB I finally went from an allergy doctor to a ENT doctor. I guess that sinusitis and asthma go hand in hand. They finally did a CT scan and found that I had a deviated septum with polyps. my right side passage was completely blocked and my left side was half way blocked. I immidiatly had surgery in the next month or so after a high does of steroids. I currently hitting my 5 month mark after surgery and still have alot of crusting in my nose with post nasal drip. I tried to put a VA claim in for this when I started my appointments with the VA but they told me I would have to wait till after surgery to see If the polyps grow back (which the doctor said is 90% going to happen).

*on my ratings that I just got back 2 days ago says this, word for word - The VA examiner also noted there was a deviated septum with polyp. The schedule for rating disabilties specifies there must by evidence of trauma to establish service connection for this condition. Because it was not claimed, it is not unfitting, and would be denied if rated, it is not addressed in this decision. <-- is this going hurt my claim. My military records are fillled with asthma with sinusitis/rhinitis so i have the documents along with the surgery information.

1. Does anyone know what I should claim and the rating i should get?

I was pretty upset that I didn't get anything for my knees. I know my ACL was pre army but the weight that i can take on it and the mobility is crap compared to when i entered. 0% really VA

FYI - Im seeking legal counsel in regards to my ratings i currently have.

any input on this load of crap im dealing with on my own would be amazing.

Natej9986

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Im pretty new to the fourms and had a quick question regarding Sinusitus / Rhinitis. A little back ground I am active duty with over 5 years of service. In the last few days my peblo emailed my ratings back from the va with a 30/30.

THESE WERE MY VA FINDINGS
Asthma - 30 ARMY/30 VA

5257 Right knee patellofemoral syndrome - 0%
5257 Status Post Left Knee ACL repair with patellar Tilting 0%
5282 Right Foot 4th and 5th hammer toes - 0 %
7813-7806 Bilateral Tinea Pedis with Onychomycosis 0%

seems like they refer everything to A higher evaluation of 10 is not warranted for impairment of the knee unless there is slight recurrent subluxation or lateral instablilty.

During my MEB I finally went from an allergy doctor to a ENT doctor. I guess that sinusitis and asthma go hand in hand. They finally did a CT scan and found that I had a deviated septum with polyps. my right side passage was completely blocked and my left side was half way blocked. I immidiatly had surgery in the next month or so after a high does of steroids. I currently hitting my 5 month mark after surgery and still have alot of crusting in my nose with post nasal drip. I tried to put a VA claim in for this when I started my appointments with the VA but they told me I would have to wait till after surgery to see If the polyps grow back (which the doctor said is 90% going to happen).

*on my ratings that I just got back 2 days ago says this, word for word - The VA examiner also noted there was a deviated septum with polyp. The schedule for rating disabilties specifies there must by evidence of trauma to establish service connection for this condition. Because it was not claimed, it is not unfitting, and would be denied if rated, it is not addressed in this decision. <-- is this going hurt my claim. My military records are fillled with asthma with sinusitis/rhinitis so i have the documents along with the surgery information.

1. Does anyone know what I should claim and the rating i should get?

I was pretty upset that I didn't get anything for my knees. I know my ACL was pre army but the weight that i can take on it and the mobility is crap compared to when i entered. 0% really VA

FYI - Im seeking legal counsel in regards to my ratings i currently have.

any input on this load of crap im dealing with on my own would be amazing.
I’ve had chronic sinusitis w/Polyps, which has caused respiratory issues and a deviated septum (w/a bone spur). I have had three surgeries removing them, and the last one was right after my C&P exam. I got 0% for it, as the examiner didn’t look in my nose, nor order any tests. He wrote on the DBQ that there was “no diagnosis, since the issue had resolved”....‍♂

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">