Sleep walking, Night Terrors

BOIVA1000

Registered Member
Question about med board process. Recently, due to a disclosure (fault of my own) my command has found out about issues I've had w/ night terrors and sleep walking over the past two years. I'm NG and honestly don't think action would be taken had it not been for an up-coming mobilization that I found out about shortly after the disclosure. Now, I am getting told that this may result in result in discharge since I could be non-deployable. My issues are not clearly military related. I've been in five+ years. If they do send me to board how does that affect my benefits and how long would it take? I'm hearing that I am stuck due to sleep walking and night terrors are big no-go's regardless of reasoning.

NG will most likely just discharge you it not related to active service.

Question about med board process. Recently, due to a disclosure (fault of my own) my command has found out about issues I've had w/ night terrors and sleep walking over the past two years. I'm NG and honestly don't think action would be taken had it not been for an up-coming mobilization that I found out about shortly after the disclosure. Now, I am getting told that this may result in result in discharge since I could be non-deployable. My issues are not clearly military related. I've been in five+ years. If they do send me to board how does that affect my benefits and how long would it take? I'm hearing that I am stuck due to sleep walking and night terrors are big no-go's regardless of reasoning.

Night terrors and sleep walking are not ratable by the DoD or VA under Defense Department Instruction 1332.38. Discharge would be condition not a disability.