Social Security Disability 3 year review

Chosinsteve132

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
This is time sensitive. I received a packet 22 January 2019 stating I was under a 36 month evaluation to continue getting disability benefits. I have been on SS disability since 2016, was medically retired from the Army with a 100%, as well as 100% p&t from the VA in October 2015. I have been using VOC Rehab since 2016, since they pay for much school supplies and can help me if I need more time on the GI Bill. I have not seen a doctor in almost 2 years as I just dont want to be taking soo many meds anymore or deal with the ridiculousness of getting a VA appointment scheduled. I've heard that some people are getting the SS disability taken away if they are using voc rehab and if you dont continue going to the doctor as it means to SS that your condition is going away or not as severe, which is BS. Or they say if you have a cognitive impairment how can you be going to college. Any help or advice is appreciated. I already had a VA appointment scheduled before I got this packet for the soonest date which is the end of march to try to get back on wellbutrin and the packet is due February 18th. Also got another reminder notice today from SS threatening to stop payment if I dont respond by 18 February. Has anyone else been in my position before?

Social security can review claims. If a medical is required they will send you to their doc.

So to know what exactly it is you are looking at, tell us what the form number is? Is it the short form 455, or the long form 454?

If you got the shot form it’s pretty easy. Just fill out and don’t check any blocks that would trigger a more in depth look and you should be golden.

Is the name of the form “disability update report”?

Attachments

• 567C7003-B096-4F62-BEA6-D3CA74203AE2.png
    567C7003-B096-4F62-BEA6-D3CA74203AE2.png
    585.3 KB · Views: 19
I recently submitted the short form 455 as shown above. I was continued on SSDI with no issues.

This is what I got... looks like the long form. SSA-454-BK and SSA-827. I'm just hoping that they dont think oh he hasn't gone to the Dr...he's fine now.

Attachments

• 20190205_184746.jpg
    20190205_184746.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
This is time sensitive. I received a packet 22 January 2019 stating I was under a 36 month evaluation to continue getting disability benefits. I have been on SS disability since 2016, was medically retired from the Army with a 100%, as well as 100% p&t from the VA in October 2015. I have been using VOC Rehab since 2016, since they pay for much school supplies and can help me if I need more time on the GI Bill. I have not seen a doctor in almost 2 years as I just dont want to be taking soo many meds anymore or deal with the ridiculousness of getting a VA appointment scheduled. I've heard that some people are getting the SS disability taken away if they are using voc rehab and if you dont continue going to the doctor as it means to SS that your condition is going away or not as severe, which is BS. Or they say if you have a cognitive impairment how can you be going to college. Any help or advice is appreciated. I already had a VA appointment scheduled before I got this packet for the soonest date which is the end of march to try to get back on wellbutrin and the packet is due February 18th. Also got another reminder notice today from SS threatening to stop payment if I dont respond by 18 February. Has anyone else been in my position before?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

For additional support with the completion of your required documentation for the SSA CDR Report, I offer that you also review the SSA Program Operations Manual System (POMS) for Completion of the Form SSA-454-BK (Continuing Disability Review Report) in Adult and Title XVI Child Continuing Disability Review (CDR) Cases as provided in the aforementioned hyperlink. I hope this helps. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Anybody have any idea on long it takes SS to compete their review? I submitted my long form a month ago and haven't received anything in the mail yet.

Anybody have any idea on long it takes SS to compete their review? I submitted my long form a month ago and haven't received anything in the mail yet.
Upon completion of the Form SSA-455-OCR-SM (Disability Update Report) with mailing to the SSA, the entire process took on average between 2.5 months to 3 months until I received a disposition letter back from the SSA.

In your specific situation, completion of the Form SSA-454-BK (Continuing Disability Review Report) to include the SSA-827 may require extended processing time by the SSA due to the nature of this particular SSA continuing disability review at least in my opinion.

Albeit, I would suggest that you contact the SSA at the telephone number shown on the SSA Notice of Continuing Disability Review letter and ask them if they received the completed SSA forms you sent one month ago. Hopefully at that point in time when the SSA pulls up your CDR case file, they will respond with updated information about the processing of your SSA Continuing Disability Review. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!