Some questions veteran’s ethics, that hopefully a Super Moderator can answer?

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Most veterans, and people in general are “live and let live” and or a “Band of Brothers” and do not like to, “drop a dime”- so to speak on another vet- especially comes to jobs- i.e. do bad work, or say getting service connection for a condition they do not have, and whole host other issues! So, what is a veteran supposed to do if knows about things like this occurring other vets? Let alone, potentially aware of VSO Service officers recommending vets file claims for “bogus” issues, simply because the US Dept. Vet. Affairs system is by and large broken or too hard and to long get claims decided? Additionally, what if vet’s supposedly aware some possible local doctors- whom might know clam’s/service connection invalid certain issues, but still possibly prescribe medication, etc... for supposed “invalid” conditions???? Additionally, what does it say, when local doctors themselves potentially know a “claim” is valid but do not want to write anything officially to assist a vet in gaining service connection a condition, for fear may end up-for example- in some court of law situation? Then, what does it say, and what should a vet do, when know a “battle-buddy” vet should be service connected at highest level’s possible certain conditions, and because “system completely broken” may perhaps recommend, potential alternatives around the system knowing the US Dept. Vet. Affairs not going to check things like blood titer levels for certain medications etc.… - is this perhaps incorrect????? Finally, what does a veteran do if know or highly suspect, for example, local doctor potentially under duress as they may perhaps keep stating “local bullies..etc..” with both anger and fear in voice, mannerism and body languages-perhaps as a hypothetical example only????

Below From: PEB Forum Thread- “Express Scripts Issue's Fexofinidene (allegria) -All Vet's Retirees Out There-Question?????” At web-address: Express Scripts Issue's Fexofinidene (allegria) -All Vet's Retirees Out There-Question????? Form POST #44
As “cited-quoted” below from VFW Magazine-September 2018 Ed. Page Number-14”:

“1. I am an American Veteran.
2. I proudly served my country.
3. I live the values I learned in the military.
4. I continue to serve my community, my country, and my fellow veterans.
5. I maintain my physical and physical discipline.
6. I continue to lead and improve.
7. I make a difference.
8. I honor and remember my fallen comrades.”

So, whom are vets supposed talk with “ethical” dilemmas…as some of the “potential” ones listed start of this thread, and considering possible fact US VSO officers, etc. perhaps not strictly adhering their own codes- let alone possible members of US dept. Vet Affairs and potential prominent members a vets’ local medical community?

See the below and attached further info on “code conduct etc..” for example only:

National Center for Ethics in Health Care Home below cite in “quotes” from, if interested:
“The National Center for Ethics in Health Care serves as VA's authoritative resource for addressing the complex ethical issues that arise in patient care, health care management, and research.”
Also, the following is from VSO’s on ethics, if interested and for example:
https://www.vfw.org/-/media/vfwsite/files/assistance/service-officer-conduct-and-responsibilities.pdf The below in “quotes” cited from listed web-address as well as up loaded pdf file:
“VFW Service Officer Responsibilities 1. Offer research and advice to veterans who wish to handle their own claims. 2. Assist veterans who are filing original claims for compensation and/or pension with the Department of Veterans Affairs and complete the required VA forms on behalf of the claimant. 3. Assist veterans in reopening claims for service-connected disabilities and complete the required VA forms. 4. Follow up on status of claims filed by veterans with the VA Regional office. 5. File Notice of Disagreement with the VA Regional office if a veteran believes the decision made by the VA was incorrect. 6. Review statements of the case from the VA regarding denials of claim and assist veterans with the preparation of responses. 7. Assist veterans or surviving spouses in the preparation of appeals for denial of claims and file the appeals with the local VA regional office for forwarding to the Board of Veterans Appeals in Washington, D.C. 8. Complete VA forms other than for original claims. 9. Answer/research telephone inquiries regarding medical, death/burial and other miscellaneous benefits.”

http://www.galegionaux.org/Document - American Legion Auxiliary Code of Condu.pdf The below in “quotes” cited from listed web-address as well as up loaded pdf file:
“American Legion Auxiliary Code of Conduct To fulfil the obligations of membership in the American Legion Auxiliary, a member serving in any capacity representing the ALA is expected to pledge to uphold the following standards of conduct: • To conduct herself with dignity, displaying good manners and good morals at all times. • To respect the dignity of all persons and not bully, nor physically, mentally, or psychologically abuse any other person. • To demonstrate a high regard for the ALA mission, rendering quality service to veterans, our military, their families, the community, and The Legion Family at all levels. • To value all members regardless of their ability to participate in ALA meetings, events, or projects. • To be kind, considerate, and welcoming to members of all ages, ethnicities, and abilities, regardless of their appearance or years of membership. • To be a good citizen and a good neighbor by obeying local, state and federal laws and regulations. • To abide by all governing documents of the American Legion Auxiliary. • To respect the property of the ALA and The Legion Family, her personal property and the property of others; and to not abuse nor tolerate the abuse of property. • To not abuse or tolerate the abuse of alcohol; to not use illegal drugs or tolerate the illegal use of drugs. • To honor and fulfil her commitments and fmancial obligations to the American Legion Auxiliary in a timely manner. • To be honest, helpful, and to not undermine others. • To challenge all members to abide by this Code and appropriately address those who violate the ALA Code of Conduct.”

https://www.dav.org/wp-content/uploads/Docs_StrategicPlan.pdf The below in “quotes” cited from listed web-address as well as up loaded pdf file:

“Vision: Breaking down barriers Values: • Service: To empower veterans to lead high-quality lives with respect and dignity and to keep the DAV mission first and foremost in all that we do. • Quality: To provide the highest possible quality representation and advocacy services to ill and injured veterans, their families and survivors. • Integrity: To maintain the highest ethical and moral standards as a charitable service organization accountable to those we serve as well as to those who support us. • Leadership: To plan strategically and act to guarantee our future preeminence as a provider of advocacy and voluntary services to veterans.”

“DAV Mission Statement: We are dedicated to a single purpose: empowering veterans to lead high-quality lives with respect and dignity. We accomplish this by ensuring that veterans and their families can access the full range of benefits available to them; fighting for the interests of America’s injured heroes on Capitol Hill; and educating the public about the great sacrifices and needs of veterans transitioning back to civilian life. This mission is carried forward by: • Providing free, professional assistance to veterans and their families in obtaining benefits and services earned through military service and provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs and other agencies of government; • Providing outreach concerning its program services to the American people generally, and to disabled veterans and their families specifically; • Representing the interests of disabled veterans, their families, their widowed spouses and their orphans before Congress, the White House and the Judicial Branch, as well as state and local government; • Extending the DAV’s mission of hope into the communities where these veterans and their families live through a network of state-level Departments and local Chapters; and • Providing a structure through which disabled veterans can express their compassion for their fellow veterans through a variety of volunteer programs. As adopted by the National Executive Committee July 27, 2012”

Hopefully a SuperModerator, or attorney (attorneys allegedly spend large amount time law school studying “ethics”), or others deal “ethics” whole lot…. can assist with an answer to the above question on ethical conduct vet’s whom possibly know of potential “not so kosher,” perhaps issues “addressing the complex ethical issues that arise in patient care, health care management, and research??” (in quotes cited from: National Center for Ethics in Health Care Home ) Is website by US Dept. US Vet. Affairs the answer at National Center for Ethics in Health Care Home ??????

Thanks and hope this assist some veterans and their families out their or spawns some thought-discourse….???????

PS: Might be interested in the following as examples only for thought:

Thousands of Veterans Want to Learn to Code — But Can’t

Platform Review: Code School

VA asks Legion members to help ‘break the code’ of veteran suicides

Home

https://www.dav.org/wp-content/uploads/DAVRituals.pdf The below in “quotes” cited from listed web-address as well as up loaded pdf file:

“Respect for Flag No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, state flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor. (a) The flag should never be displayed with union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property. (b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise. (c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free. (d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping in front of the platform, and for a decoration in general. (e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way. (f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling. (g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, 41 insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature. (h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything. (i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown. (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart. (k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.”

DAV Codes | Air Force Enlisted Forums

(Still issues this web-site...#$%??!!)

Attachments

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Below From: PEB Forum Thread- “Express Scripts Issue's Fexofinidene (allegria) -All Vet's Retirees Out There-Question?????” At web-address: Express Scripts Issue's Fexofinidene (allegria) -All Vet's Retirees Out There-Question????? Form POST #44
As “cited-quoted” below from VFW Magazine-September 2018 Ed. Page Number-14”:

“1. I am an American Veteran.
2. I proudly served my country.
3. I live the values I learned in the military.
4. I continue to serve my community, my country, and my fellow veterans.
5. I maintain my physical and physical discipline.
6. I continue to lead and improve.
7. I make a difference.
8. I honor and remember my fallen comrades.”

So, whom are vets supposed talk with “ethical” dilemmas…as some of the “potential” ones listed start of this thread, and considering possible fact US VSO officers, etc. perhaps not strictly adhering their own codes- let alone possible members of US dept. Vet Affairs and potential prominent members a vets’ local medical community?
Follow-up here as no response SuperModerator on whom Vet's supposed talk "complex ethical issues' sort of like attornmey's have a board of ethics they can call for ethical questions:

Per https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/113th-congress-2013-2014/reports/45615-VADisability_OneCol_2.pdf (see image from listed website below as well selected "quotes" in parenthesis):

Capture Congressional Budget Office Veterans Disability Trends And Policy Obligations AUG 2014.JPG

"Part of the increase for Gulf War era veterans is attributable to the influx of veterans who had been deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan after September 2001: On average, they had 6.2 disabilities each and received average payments of $11,900; veterans of that era who had not been deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan after September 2001 averaged 4.7 disabilities and payments of $10,500. "

Furthermore,

"Compensable disabling conditions can be physical, like lower back pain, or mental, like depression; complications that arise from a given disability also may be deemed connected to service. VA reported that, at the beginning of fiscal year 2013, the most common broad categories of disability among veterans who were receiving compensation were musculoskeletal (36 percent), hearing related (13 percent), and skin related (11 percent). The three most prevalent specific disabilities, collectively representing 16 percent of the total, were tinnitus, or ringing in the ears (6.7 percent); hearing loss (5.3 percent); and post-traumatic stress disorder (4.0 percent)."

Additionally, per cited Congressional Budget Office report: under "Special Monthly Compensation" or SMC:

"In some cases, SMC can be substantial: For a very small group of severely disabled veterans (roughly 1 percent of those who collect SMC), the total monthly disability payment exceeds $8,000. In 2013, nearly 490,000 veterans, or 14 percent of disability compensation recipients, received SMC—a marked increase from 2000, when fewer than 150,000 veterans, or 6 percent of disability recipients, collected that compensation."

So what is a veteran supposed to do if realize that perhaps Veterans Service Organization (VSO) Representatives, for a possible example are possibly "encouraging vets" with hearing issues one ear to go ahead and file for both ears.....etc...?????

Or is perhaps aware of say issues with possible issue with vets receiving SMC a bogus condition possibly supported by local medical community personnel????

Finally what about non availability dental appointments when in fact dental not listed at all as one of major service connected conditions of the anywhere between 4.7 and 6.7 average disability compensated ratings among vets? Or veterans notice a significant difference in number disability rated conditions in veterans in a certain VA system like perhaps Gulf Coast VA-VISN16, as an example only????

Many vets report talking to things like the US Dept. vet. Affairs OIG does simply no good- so whom are they supposed to speak to regarding potential "complex-issues" like above???

Furthermore, and just overall "hypothetical" what if VSO's perhaps blatantly going against "commander In Chief" in perhaps instances like "LGBT" and transgender Issues in Military...as a hypothetical....????

See for example the below:

LGBTI Travel Information (below file attached from listed web-site as well as select "quotes")

"LGBTI Family Travel Tips: A safe family trip overseas starts with our Traveler’s Checklist (travel.state.gov/ travelerschecklist). Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) travelers can face unique challenges when abroad. Many countries do not recognize same-sex marriage. More than 70 countries consider consensual same-sex sexual relations a crime, sometimes carrying severe punishment. "

Is it ethical to enlist soldiers that may be deployed to a country where: "consider consensual same-sex sexual relations a crime, sometimes carrying severe punishment.?? "

What does it speak to potential moral issues a unit designated to deploy such as country and significant number its soldiers pulled out as "non-deployable' because of stated issues ain that particular country or other related issues....????

Anyway, was hoping for some Super-Moderator Guidance on whom its vet's supposed to speak with about such "complex-ethical" questions regarding potential Veterans issues....????

PS: Might want see:
Forums Transition Forum: Veterans Affairs and SSDI Veterans Affairs, SSDI, and other Benefits "Best States for Disabled Veterans" Thread starterusafaviator Start dateNov 19, 2012

As a notable number folks come vic. Lower Alabama (VSO's) etc.. or number of awards won..........

Might be interested as well in:

Additionally may want see, if interested: Forums PEB and Disability Evaluation System Overview Conditions and Ratings "Of the 5-Human Senses Are Loss Of Smell And Taste Compensated By The US Department of Veterans Affairs!"

(Still issues this web-site...)

Attachments

Last edited:

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Is it ethical to enlist soldiers that may be deployed to a country where: "consider consensual same-sex sexual relations a crime, sometimes carrying severe punishment.?? "

What does it speak to potential moral issues a unit designated to deploy such as country and significant number its soldiers pulled out as "non-deployable' because of stated issues ain that particular country or other related issues....????
Just thought post the following to consider- those interested:

Thanks, and hoping a Super Moderator, etc..chime in......??????

PS: Something else possibly "consider" as "ethical" if as reported regarding US Dept. Vet Affairs(?):

Warning: How the VA 'Red Flags' Patriots

(Still issues this web-site...or internet connection to...)

Last edited:

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thought post about discussion "ethics's" women in combat, the below in quotes is from web-link: https://www.icrc.org/en/doc/assets/files/other/icrc_002_0798_women_facing_war.pdf

"War - whether international or non-international - causes enormous suffering for those caught up in it.The present study aims to demonstrate that women experience war in a multitude of ways - from taking an active part as combatants to being targeted as members of the civilian population or because they are women.Women’s experience of war is multifaceted - it means separation, the loss of family members and livelihood, an increased risk of sexual violence, wounding, deprivation and death.War forces women into unfamiliar roles and necessitates the strengthening of existing coping skills and the development of new ones. However, the general and specific protection to which women are entitled must become a reality. Constant efforts must be made to promote knowledge of and compliance with the obligations of international humanitarian law by as wide an audience as possible and using all available means. Everyone must be made responsible for improving the plight of women in times of war, and women themselves must be more closely involved in all the measures taken on their behalf. " (Also if interested see attached file from stated web-address above)

Below are some more web-articles on issue may be of interest:

Why WWII Soldiers Mutinied After V-J Day (below excerpt in "quotes" from listed web-article)

"The War Department used a point system.
Planning for demobilization had begun long before Allied victory was declared. In September 1944, eight months before Germany’s surrender, the War Department announced that soldiers would be demobilized based on a point system that counted length of service, overseas deployment, combat duty and parenthood. Soldiers with 85 points or more were first in line to head home. Female military personnel needed fewer points. Soldiers thought the system was fair, as did the U.S. public."

https://fas.org/irp/agency/army/arabculture.pdf (see attached file from listed web-site if of interest?)

Culture Wars - Modern War Institute (Below in "quotes" from Listed web-site...)

"Cultural ideals in modern warfare do, however, influence who can and who cannot fight. The most striking example of this is in the role of women. While most combatant groups reflect particular societal values by not allowing women to fight, others—those with leftist ideology roots like the FARC in Columbia or various Kurdish militias, for example—readily use women as combatants."

Ranger School - Wikipedia (selected "quotes" below from listed article...)

"Following the graduation of Captain Kristen Marie Griest and First Lieutenant Shaye Lynne Haver in August 2015, the Army announced Ranger School would henceforth be open to women students.[12] They are "tough soldiers" who "proved their mettle beyond a doubt, one of the school's top leaders says."[15] In October 2015, Army Major Lisa Jaster also graduated from Ranger School and became the first female Army Reserve officer to receive her Ranger tab.[16] "

"Graduation rates[edit]
Ranger School graduate congratulated by his superior officer (June 2015).
Historically, the graduation rate has been around 50%, but this has fluctuated. In the period prior to 1980, the Ranger School attrition rate was over 65%. 64% of Ranger School class 10–80 graduated.[22] The graduation rate has dropped below 50% in recent years: 52% in 2005, 54% in 2006, 56% in 2007, 49% in 2008, 46% in 2009, 43% in 2010, and 42% in 2011. Recycles are included in the graduation rates. Recycles are tracked by the class they start with, and affect only that class's graduation rate.[13]"

:

Once again, hope spawns some discussion on "ethics" of US and women in combat-potentially....hopefully Super_Moderator, etc... chime in?????

(Still major issues either internet connection or web-site....apologies and inconvenience...???)

Attachments

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thought post some more info, as attempted find stats on health care costs male vs. female vets as well average number of compensated ratings male vs. female vets...below if interested is some of what found.....????

https://www.va.gov/vetdata/docs/Quickfacts/2017_Veterans_Profile_Fact_Sheet.pdf (See attached .pdf file if interested and in "quotes" below from listed web-link???)

"Compared with male Veterans, female Veterans were more likely to have completed some college, a bachelor’s degree, or an advanced degree, be enrolled in college, more likely to have a service-connected disability rating, less likely to use VA health care at all but more likely to use VA health care only, have no personal income, and live in poverty."

https://www.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2011/12/women-in-the-military.pdf

(see below attached .pdf file from above web-site if interested?)

https://www.va.gov/vetdata/docs/SpecialReports/Women_Veterans_Profile_12_22_2016.pdf (see attached .pdf file from web-site if interested?)

https://www.womenshealth.va.gov/WOMENSHEALTH/docs/WomenVeteransFactSheet101216_508.pdf (see attached .pdf file from web-site if interested?)

https://watermark.silverchair.com/milmed-d-10-00142.pdf?token=AQECAHi208BE49Ooan9kkhW_Ercy7Dm3ZL_9Cf3qfKAc485ysgAAAlQwggJQBgkqhkiG9w0BBwagggJBMIICPQIBADCCAjYGCSqGSIb3DQEHATAeBglghkgBZQMEAS4wEQQMvpbgz0rl58w93F90AgEQgIICB7pu8UeWjXpCRBOe9Bb__hueD261dfIABvXI4GB7vXuSJlR-v7Jb4NB1TXuq8zAmJJd5Kmat_yeJR_OVAbf6JsWsqyBDuS58PQ_e5sPj5AOnVCZ_bnKImcUSGCjKtQEuG5EIy5HHZ97gc3gH0sF7WwufwLe5ANfeWzvwnNuf1ohUBbVzSPGn-LsJtRQYqZiEpawfALDQ4s19cM6fb-wvtMCBkPl7Xb5z0hS8inYDf291brvtbyQWLBCezofR9WEIKq8grHOCyT2fGEdyUwuHdQ6nItBG8s_9DxbjgM_22CqY6aEQgCURMJlI0vSjGiqaTa6gV2JWrM9bh8az-BTCRACF3s1gvHkLEqvD0OJUlCQ0O-SSCl-Fb4KaADxal9OWY-KHL7-u5v5Yrhod7ryzHfx2X17796Hkv8JZ3xazl6He1ZmddO_W7kwIhMvEO6wvNUSe8EYmSHhWxKRdQbE9TGBJj7tc91KF8t3avnVdi6dGlo9Wr3jZcixmYkVfNo4Z2_JWjTDo1yxmLwz7BrOoE45B683TZG5HAdHXkb-aELHka_ccvHEijTxFyXL_28SDGOqdTofYTpVEu2BNbkeUPcrlV9AAT-S3J_QYP7XpzP2x_724uy3dIOuGND3GTgCFFRyz3bN1A68vg_OR_o6NR60c3IDQXQaSjPfKEOmfZjiX5IhvSeLfmw

(See attached .pdf file if interested and in "quotes" below from above listed web-link, if interested?)

"The lack of a gender difference in total costs was surprising. The number of women serving in the military is increasing and although women do not serve in direct combat roles, they do work in support roles and may come under direct fi re. 13,14 In addition, previous studies have shown that female veterans have high rates of sexual assault and harassment, leading to high levels of need, 15,16 yet experience barriers to access to and use of VA health care 17 and are less likely to use VA services. 12 Perhaps it is this balance between greater need and barriers to services that is different in the OEF/OIF cohort than in the previous cohorts. The lack of a gender difference in fee basis costs was also surprising because women often receive fee basis care for obstetric and gynecological services. Other factors could also be driving these results. For example, large inpatient costs may be driven by long-term hospitalizations for combat-related injuries, which are less likely to occur in women than in men. In addition, the extent to which women are more likely to seek care outside of the VA (and not provided by fee basis providers) than men is unknown. Finally, our results may be affected by outreach programs or other policies intended to encourage veterans to use VA services. All these are important areas for further research. Some limitations of the study deserve comment. Measures of health care service use and cost are derived from VA administrative databases and do not capture services provided outside the VA system. Since the perspective of the study is that of the VA, such non-VA care might not be a concern. However, the extent to which new policies that encourage women veterans to use VA health care services result in less non-VA care, VA health care costs among women veterans may increase. In summary, although we found no signifi cant difference in total health care costs by gender, we found a number of signifi cant differences in inpatient and outpatient costs, especially for medical/surgical care. Further research is needed to explore the reasons for these cost differences and to determine whether costs and utilization for women vs. men will increase over time after deployment. These results will help guide resource allocation and policy, as the gender composition of the population served by the VA health care system continues to change."

Once again, hope spawns some discussion on "ethics" of US and women in combat-potentially....hopefully Super_Moderator, etc... chime in?????

(Still major issues either internet connection or web-site....apologies and inconvenience...???)

Attachments

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thought add this as "ethical issue" bigger picture, as apparently Gulf Coast VA vet learned, supposedly, the US dept. Vet Affairs has interior decerators on staff and one aparently in Gulf Coast VA/VISN-16 recently (?) won some sort National award....?????

Those interested might want see following(?):

Following in "quotes" cited from above listed web-link: "US Department of Veterans Affairs Interior Designer Salaries in San Jose, CA Area Base Pay $90K - $99K Total Pay
$91K-$99K Additional Pay $703 - $763..."

Following in "quotes" cited from above listed web-link: "The average salary for an Interior Designer is $48,373."

Hope spawns some discussion on "ethics" of US and women in combat-potentially....hopefully Super_Moderator, etc... chime in?????

PS: Of Interest might want see some of following:

Forums Transition Forum: Veterans Affairs and SSDI Veterans Affairs, SSDI, and other Benefits "Best States for Disabled Veterans"

(Still issues this web-site or internet connection to..... apologies any incorrectness etc...)

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well, some more potential "ethical" issues regarding the US Dept. Vet Affairs- so if interested please see below:

Given some of the above that were possibly used in Iraq, etc..against insurgent forces, and now on internet apparently, what does one do if in say US Dept. Vet Affairs waiting area and very young vets discussing openly???????? Or, vets claim, some above as part PTSD and US. Dept. Vet Affairs MH and other providers not aware of above capabilities...????

Whom should vets talk to or if overhear other vets talking issues such as above in public do to "clam" them up, which may not be appreciated or get them in trouble at the Federal US. Dept. VA facility...?????

Not going to go into- issues- that discussing such things place those down range-so to speak- at risk.....???

PS: Might be interested in following:

https://specialoperations.com/30755/colonel-james-nick-rowe-assassinated-day-1989/ (below cited in "quotes" from listed web-link..)

"Rowe passed himself off as an engineer, knowing that as a Special Forces officer he’d be executed. He kept up the charade for many years until the Viet Cong received information from anti-war activists in the US that identified him as an intelligence officer.
Infuriated his captors were leading him to his execution when he overpowered one of his guards and escaped. Waving his mosquito net in the air at a passing group of US helicopters, he was nearly killed by the chopper’s machine gunner. But seeing his beard, he identified him as an American.
"

(Still issues this web-site or internet connection to..... apologies any incorrectness etc... )

Last edited:

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
https://specialoperations.com/30755/colonel-james-nick-rowe-assassinated-day-1989/ (below cited in "quotes" from listed web-link..)

"Rowe passed himself off as an engineer, knowing that as a Special Forces officer he’d be executed. He kept up the charade for many years until the Viet Cong received information from anti-war activists in the US that identified him as an intelligence officer.
Infuriated his captors were leading him to his execution when he overpowered one of his guards and escaped. Waving his mosquito net in the air at a passing group of US helicopters, he was nearly killed by the chopper’s machine gunner. But seeing his beard, he identified him as an American.
"

Thought an interesting issue of "ethics" fro above and following web-link again: 1,903 Days as a POW: COL James ‘Nick’ Rowe, POW Diary

(below is "quotes" from above listed web-site...those interested...?)

"In his diary, Rowe penned sections of the Code of Conduct and his oath of office from memory. He wrote poetry, the words to songs, and inscribed long segments of books read in school. He listed the ‘pros and cons’ of philosophical arguments, at times to counter enemy indoctrination. During one death-threatening bout of malnutrition-induced dysentery, he lifted his flagging morale by creating an imaginary resort, the Hacienda del Sol. His diary entries could have been used against him. It was a ‘window into his soul.’ But, the therapeutic effects outweighed the danger. As Rowe said later, the diary “became my vehicle for reaching the outside world. "

In keeping above might wish see....:

Anyway thought some might fin interesting and sort of IAW the movie"The Last Witch HunterFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia" at webaddress: The Last Witch Hunter - Wikipedia and the most vicious-treacherous "witches" are the "dream-walker, is able to enter his trance and free his mind...." ??????

PS: Might find some following interesting...:

https://www.legional.org/uploads/4/2/1/3/42134979/alabama_laws_concerning_veterans.pdf (see attached.pdf file from listed web-site...)

(still issues either internet/website....)

Attachments

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">