Someone dropped the ball, can anyone advise?

SnG

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'll give you the condensed version, to save you time.
Found unfit on April 18th and forwarded to VA.
Called for follow up after 2 months. Around June 20th my PEBLO returned my call to say that the VA case worker had just informed her within the last day that the VA was awaiting my service treatment record which she says she submitted back when... but whatever... she resubmitted it.
I have a job offer that they have already moved the date for me once, and it is a company that is probably too good to pass on.
Does anyone know how much more time I am looking at and if there is anything I can do to expedite this process? For what it's worth, the VA rep says this does not put me back at the end of the line with the VA.
Please help!
Thank you.

In all honesty just Pray... I know that's not much but all you can do is just call them periodically and check to make sure there is nothing else they are waiting for, because sometimes they request clarification on claimed conditions. The va in most cases is the most frustrating part timelines at this stage vary dramatically. Best of Luck

In all honesty just Pray... I know that's not much but all you can do is just call them periodically and check to make sure there is nothing else they are waiting for, because sometimes they request clarification on claimed conditions. The va in most cases is the most frustrating part timelines at this stage vary dramatically. Best of Luck
Yours sounds like a nightmare. I agree about the prayer. How did you get all the info to call places and find out where the case is? I can't get anything out of my PEBLO.

Thanks.

I'll give you the condensed version, to save you time.
Found unfit on April 18th and forwarded to VA.
Called for follow up after 2 months. Around June 20th my PEBLO returned my call to say that the VA case worker had just informed her within the last day that the VA was awaiting my service treatment record which she says she submitted back when... but whatever... she resubmitted it.
I have a job offer that they have already moved the date for me once, and it is a company that is probably too good to pass on.
Does anyone know how much more time I am looking at and if there is anything I can do to expedite this process? For what it's worth, the VA rep says this does not put me back at the end of the line with the VA.
Please help!
Thank you.
Update on this..... Emailed my PEBLO for an update after the first week of July and have gotten on email back. I've heard nothing.

There is no way to predict the speed or outcome of this process. We need to plan but the timing can not be guessed.

Does anyone know how much more time I am looking at and if there is anything I can do to expedite this process?

I wish I knew the answer. Does the company waiting for you hire a lot of transitioning service members?
If they do, I recommend letting the hiring manager know that as of now you do not have a tentative start date. Definitely keep in touch with them and hopefully they are very understanding and will be able to work with you.

Yours sounds like a nightmare. I agree about the prayer. How did you get all the info to call places and find out where the case is? I can't get anything out of my PEBLO.

Thanks.
This forum was where I got most the info and numbers to be honest use the search engine its a great tool. You have to be your own warrior sometimes stay on them politely but consistently best advice I can give. Good luck

The VA website says closed as of July 17th or 18th. Haven't heard anything from the PEBLO.

Update- I called the VA after 10 business days had passed and they sent me their decision letter. Still no work as of 8/2 from Peblo. I saw the VA percentage but not the DoD so I am still waiting on that. So far it is good news.

sheesh! sounds like your PEBLO isn't doing their job...not good. I'd call him/her today! glad it's good news so far!