SOOO Angry!

So I was starting my medboard, got all the paperwork together and did everything I was supposed to. My peblo was about to send my package off when she got an email saying that it would be REJECTED and not even looked at because of the fact that I had surgery less than 6 months ago, and that we would have to wait 6 months to send it off.

Here's the problem:
The sugery was JUST exploratory, nothing was even done. During the surgery is when my Ortho realized that it was unfixable and that I would be medboarded.

What do these people expect me to do for 6 months? Just sit around in pain, going to the emergency room every day? I have already exhausted all other measures to fix me.

Is there anything I can do about this??

I don't recall hearing about having to wait six months after surgery before an MEB could be started. Hopefully this gets worked out for you with a quickness!

I think she means her PEB. During my DTAP class we were told that the board would reject any packages were there has not been 6 months since the last surgery. This was to ensure that the surgery did not fix the condition. But in this case I think there is an exception.

Yes I meant my PEB sorry. Is there anything I can do? I hate that I cannot communicate to these people directly!

Talk to a JAG maybe??

I would think that if the PEB is just looking at the fact a surgery occurred without knowing the details, the most likely way to address this is have your surgeon/PCM write a letter or e-mail (or perhaps a treatment note) clarifying that the surgery was exploratory. Then ask your PEBLO to forward that information to the PEB seeking clarification on whether they will accept/reject the packet.

Hope things work out well for you. Best of luck!