Special Review of VA File?

MichealG

Registered Member
Currently going through IDES. I received a second VA decision letter in the mail today. It said a special review of your file was mandated on April 25th.
My ratings were changed. Higher but not to the percentage I think they should be.
Was this an automatic appeal? I didn’t put in for an appeal so I’m hoping it’s not. I know in ides you only get 1 appeal before you get discharged

Any insight on what this is?

Thanks
Micheal

mjf114

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Not sure if this is related or not, but when I was going though IDES, I lost my informal appeal, formal appeal, and SAFPC appeal, however at SAFPC level, they requested a VA reconsideration without me even asking since they found some conflicting information. The SAF requested VAR was a higher percentage as well.

MichealG

Registered Member
Did you loose your appeals after getting a letter like mine? Or you mean you filed appeals and lost?
I’m glad you got another chance at the end

mjf114

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Did you loose your appeals after getting a letter like mine? Or you mean you filed appeals and lost?
I’m glad you got another chance at the end
I only received a letter from the VA stating that my military service department requested a disability assessment from the VA because I was found unfit for continued military service. Although I lost those 3 appeals, I was approved for Limited Assignment Status at the 19year mark. Since you cant remain on LAS past 20yrs TIS, they cut my disability retirement orders for 20 yrs and 11 days.

Good luck with your outcome.

GLS67T

Registered Member
Last year I got the same thing saying I had a "special review of your file". I called and they told me they do random audits. It was great for me because they found that I overpaid my severance payback and I got a retroactive pay.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">