SSDI medical decision made without a hearing?

Vet2040

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have attached two files. One is my award letter, the other is my current social security status. i was denied for SSDI because I did not have records showing I had a relevant condition in the time frame necessary for eligibility. Even though I have quite extensive VA records, my coming to the VA with service-connected issues did not occur until about 4 years following my discharge. As such, when I appealed, I was not disagreeing with the denial, but rather looking to submit additional evidence in my favor. After a very lengthy process of contacting multiple commands, I finally was able to get a small part of my service medical record. I printed out about 65 pages and brought it to the local VA office and a worker there faxed it to whomever.

I check my social security status regularly - probably more than I should - and yesterday there was a change. For the longest time, it was stuck on this:

02/12/2019
Your case file was sent to an Administrative Law Judge’s Hearing Office. We started reviewing the case and developing evidence to support your hearing request.

Yesterday, the status was updated to the current top line, which is:

02/12/2019
Appeal Under Review

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you or your appointed representative directly if we need any additional documents or information.

So first, I am wondering why it says 2/12/2019? The absolute earliest it could be would be sometime last week. Also, the ALJ office that my case is going to (Fresno) has a very long wait time, I think it's over 18 months. This would be a reply in 7 months. Also, I am 100% sure that I never received any kind of notice about a hearing. So I'm wondering if maybe I was approved?

I do want to apologize to oddpedestrian and chaplaincharlie for not replying in my previous thread, to be honest I kind of forgot about it. I have attached the social security status, and to reply to chaplaincharlie, my award letter for being both TDIU and P&T.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

socsec.pngaward.png

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
This is odd unless an error was made an OTR decision usually doesn't happen until about 30 days before the hearing where the evidence is overwhelming and the Judge sends it to ODAR for approval. I would still expect a hearing at this point SSA sends notifications very slow via snail mail as well.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">