SSDI Reevaluation

Babs77

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Can anyone enlighten me to the SSDI Reevaluation process? I received my award letter yesterday and it said that I would be reevaluation in three years to determine if I required SSDI benefits any longer.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. It is hard to find information regarding the reevaluation. From what I have seen it seems as if you are starting the process over, sort of, and attempting to convince SS that you require benefits.

Thanks!

~James

There is a lot of info and advice out there. It's called a CDR or continuation disability review. There is a short form and a long form. There are certain answers that are "triggers" such as if you check yes to the question "has your condition improved?"...

Just do some searching with the terms SSDI and CDR and you'll find a lot of advice.

I've been Medically Retired and on SSDI since 2013. Received the short form Nov 2016. I'm paraphrasing the following questions on the form. Have you worked? Have you attended school or training? Has a DR told you cannot work? Has your condition worsened or stayed the same? Have you gone to a Dr? If yes, list the conditions. About six questions then sign and date. Return to their processing center Wilkes-Barre Pa. Four months later I received a computerized letter response that noted "We sent a letter telling you we were going to review your disability case... However, we do not need to do that at this time."

Babs,

Sent you a PM on how this turned out for you. I had to do the long and short form, and now it appears as if I have to have a complete workup done because of "Lack of medical evidence". I thought they had all the evidence they needed when I was awarded the SSDI.

All,

I appreciate the responses and input. All is very helpful.

Molonlabedoc, I do not understand why you would need additional medical evidence other than to prove that you have continued medical care and that your conditions have truly stayed the same, deteriorated, or improved. I think the evidence they are provided initially is only relevant for the initial award of SSDI and that additional evidence would be required to continue receiving the benefit.

I hope someone that has been through the CDR process (mentioned by Tony292) may provide better information.

Again, I appreciate all the input. This forum/site has been an amazing and vital resource.

~James

Thanks James,

I did not do my due diligence and educate myself on the process. I certainly would use that as a cautionary tale for anyone else with SSDI. I am playing catch up now which is never a good place to be.

Use this as a guide:

Attachments

• E8DB24C1-78B5-4C6A-99F8-CE0C208B7A95.jpeg
    E8DB24C1-78B5-4C6A-99F8-CE0C208B7A95.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 17
From what I’ve read on various forums, around 95% are continued on SSDI after a CDR. Checking the wrong blocks could lead to a more in depth review and denial. Check all the right blocks and you’ll likely be one of the 95%.

But don’t just take my word for it, do some research...

I in fact had no issues with the block checking, and I am still being sent to do a physical (which is probably normal from what I have read).

Thanks for the information.