started meb oct 2010

mmsmms

PEB Forum Regular Member
So i am more than a bit frustrated with the system. i am a 19d that was injured in an ied in 2009. i was reccommended for meb in oct of 2010. found unfit in oct 2011 and signed my narsum in jan2012.

My peblo is worthless. I signed my narsum in jan and he said there were "errors" on it so he did not submit it to the MTF until 23march12. What really frustrates me on that is that he assured me that it was at the va and that he personally requested it to be expediated. after reading a few threads i realized that he was just trying to alleviate the situation instead of manning up and apologizing for his mistake.

i went to see the ombudsman and was told to wait for a response from their office.

I cannot keep waiting. its been 2 years and i am being told that i will have to wait until december to get out. How is it that it is ok to keep a injured service member waiting for 2 years? I have been denied from wtb two times in the past two years because they told me i did not have enough time in the army left but low and behold i am still here wasting my life.

basically if you are in the meb process, prepare to bend over because no matter what you do you will be dissapointed and close to snapping.

So i am more than a bit frustrated with the system. i am a 19d that was injured in an ied in 2009. i was reccommended for meb in oct of 2010. found unfit in oct 2011 and signed my narsum in jan2012.

My peblo is worthless. I signed my narsum in jan and he said there were "errors" on it so he did not submit it to the MTF until 23march12. What really frustrates me on that is that he assured me that it was at the va and that he personally requested it to be expediated. after reading a few threads i realized that he was just trying to alleviate the situation instead of manning up and apologizing for his mistake.

i went to see the ombudsman and was told to wait for a response from their office.

I cannot keep waiting. its been 2 years and i am being told that i will have to wait until december to get out. How is it that it is ok to keep a injured service member waiting for 2 years? I have been denied from wtb two times in the past two years because they told me i did not have enough time in the army left but low and behold i am still here wasting my life.

basically if you are in the meb process, prepare to bend over because no matter what you do you will be dissapointed and close to snapping.

What Army Base are you at?

You stated: i went to see the ombudsman and was told to wait for a response from their office. How long ago was this? Have you followed up on this with the Ombudsman Yet?

You stated: after reading a few threads i realized that he was just trying to alleviate the situation instead of manning up and apologizing for his mistake.
Which mistakes and is that what you know or how you feel?

i saw the ombudsman on wend. i am stationed at fort lewis. i know he made a mistake. i confronted him on it and he apologized, but could not understand why i am so frustrated that with his error of spelling my name wrong he inadvertinly wasted 3 mo of my life on waiting for my packet and than unknown amount of time because i am now in the back log at the va.,

i got word back from my ombudsman and was told in a round about way that they know i am getting f'ed but there is nothing that can be done about it so suck it up buttercup. this is so ridiculous, i have been waiting to get out of the army for 2 years, i am 27 with a family and no one really cares. i was hurt doing the job in afghan and now i am just dead weight to the army. who is speaking up for those of us that got wounded in action and now are being told to suck it up and wait in line? no one.