Starting LOD attempt

landmine

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have the DA FORM 2173 and an appointment with my civilian PCP since I am now a reservist. Besides submitting this form to my commander when my PCP completes his portion, is there other documents I should have with this when turning into my commander? The few I can think of may be orders of when deployed, VA C&P exam notes and service connection award letter form the VA connecting the injury back to the day after leaving active duty. I had some x-rays done over the years and an mri.

Should all these records be submitted or am I only needed to turn in the DA FORM 2173? And I guess hope the Army does the rest?

The other LOD's I have I never started. I don't know how I got them in my records but they are there. However there was never one done for my back and since being on a new permanent profile, the case manager working my case has asked me to initiate a LOD for my back.

danieldresen

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
All pertinent records should be included. If something is deemed not needed, they will return it to you. And stay on top of them too. The LOD shouldn't take more than 75 days to complete by regulation. Mine took... 2007 to 2013... 6 years for 2 approved LODs and a 7th year for a denial on the last LOD.

gdfellajay

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
All pertinent records should be included. If something is deemed not needed, they will return it to you. And stay on top of them too. The LOD shouldn't take more than 75 days to complete by regulation. Mine took... 2007 to 2013... 6 years for 2 approved LODs and a 7th year for a denial on the last LOD.

is that an informal or formal lod, is that timeline different for guard members. do you have a reg for that. thanks

landmine

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
LOD has been completed. Nurse case manager emailed screen shots showing it still needs to be accepted by my unit which they claim they have done. Nurse case manager also stated that she will submit my packet while the LOD is pending approval from my unit and it might be accepted, if not we will need to wait until the LOD is accepted and available for her to add to packet and resubmit to MEB. This was early August. Still no word on anything going forward.

My understanding from my nurse case manager is that this is the final item waiting for MEB to officially start. Hoping to begin things within a month or two. I have been reading a lot of other problems with LODs holding up service members entry into the MEB. I know it takes some time, so I will be satisfied if things begin before the year ends.

Those waiting for LODs to be complete, stay on top of it like danieldresen mentioned. There were several times I checked in and for the longest time no action was taken. Not sure if this is a difficult process for UA's or if it is a low priority to them, just doesn't seem right to hold up something this important associated with the MEB.

Updates to follow if and when the MEB officially begins. Good luck with your process gdfellajay!