Starting meb part one

Cole0541

Registered Member
I am not sure if this is the right spot to post this so I apologize in advance. I am starting the Medboard part 1 process on Friday with my base clinic due to neurological issues. I was just curious what to expect on Friday, and then what comes next, thank you

I wish I could help but the USCG process is unique. Hopefully a coastie will pipe in soon. Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about being in the wrong place. No one will ding you for that.

I am not sure if this is the right spot to post this so I apologize in advance. I am starting the Medboard part 1 process on Friday with my base clinic due to neurological issues. I was just curious what to expect on Friday, and then what comes next, thank you
Hello Cole,

Went through a medical board myself (USCG), waiting on findings from peb board. Part 1 consisted of blood work, hearing test, and general paperwork (where else does it hurt...etc). My advice is be very honest and mark down any and all issues you have had in service, good for va stuff later from what I've heard (even a stub toe). Also, make sure you have all paperwork you can in your medical record and make copies!!! Part 2 will be more in depth regarding what you submitted (hints the paperwork), this is considered the physical part (range of motion, turn and cough, and looking for diagnosis or path moving forward). Goodluck and let me know if I can help anywhere else, but please note I'm not an expert still learning.

I have just been through the process, Element is right part 1 is pretty basic, but they usually hit part two pretty quick, after that it is the report, then the CO endorsement. I received an email from the ombudsman that by results are in and I need to schedule a phone call with her. I will let you know what happens

I have just been through the process, Element is right part 1 is pretty basic, but they usually hit part two pretty quick, after that it is the report, then the CO endorsement. I received an email from the ombudsman that by results are in and I need to schedule a phone call with her. I will let you know what happens
I received an email today to schedule phone convo to discuss my findings as well. Any indicators as to which direction it’s going before that? I haven't been referred to a JAG yet or anything like that.

The Ombudsman discusses the results, at that time she will email an election of counsel form you can request a JAG. I am 100 percent so I waived counsel and accepted the results

I accepted my findings right away, no need for legal. Hoping there’s a way to waive the 120 days after orders as well. I’m a reservist not on AD. Just ready to move along to the next phase of life.