Still on TDRL waiting for the VA Letter

Hello,

I went through the MEB process and got out in September 2015. Army 30% and VA 100%. My question is I called the VA and found out I'm still on the TDRL. I haven't received the letter for the reeval yet. The TDRL are for Right shoulder and hip strain. I only been to the VA once since I'm on on tricare. I've went to my PCM about all issues. How hard is it to have the VA have me from TDRL to PDRL?

hkim921,

The TDRL and PDRL is not a VA process, instead the military services own it. Your service will notify you when there is a reeval due, but they must have current contact information.

I had a VA reeval for my MH issue and was able to use documentation from the VA, and other medical providers for my TDRL reeval, resulting in PDRL.

AnAmericanAirman

hkim921,

The TDRL and PDRL is not a VA process, instead the military services own it. Your service will notify you when there is a reeval due, but they must have current contact information.

I had a VA reeval for my MH issue and was able to use documentation from the VA, and other medical providers for my TDRL reeval, resulting in PDRL.

AnAmericanAirman

thank you.

hkim921,

AnAmericanAirman
Should I not worry too much?

The only thing the VA does in regards to TDRL and PDRL is give you the rating you will get for TDRL or PDRL . If the military branch lowers your rating and the VA hasnt the Military is in the WRONG. Once agian the MILITARY doesnt provide and is not allowed to provide the RATING. All TDRL cases will receive a permanent rating based only on the VASRD criteria that is in effect at the end of the TDRL period.

The only thing the VA does in regards to TDRL and PDRL is give you the rating you will get for TDRL or PDRL . If the military branch lowers your rating and the VA hasnt the Military is in the WRONG. Once agian the MILITARY doesnt provide and is not allowed to provide the RATING. All TDRL cases will receive a permanent rating based only on the VASRD criteria that is in effect at the end of the TDRL period.
I think you answered a question I’ve been dealing with. I was placed on TDRL in 2014 for seizures for 5 years. In 2016 I had a medical re-evaluation, and they kept me on medical Reitrement for another 3 years rated at 80% from the DOD. Earlier this year I received my letter from the VA keeping me at 100% for my injuries and 80% for seizures. I had my final medical board August 2nd 2019. My doctors write up suggested I be placed on permanent retirement. My question is does the medical board usually side with what the doctor writes up, and since the VA still has me at 80% will the DOD leave it at that. I think 30% is the magical number for permanent retirement for the navy. Any advice will help..

Now I am no lawyer but from what I have read they cannot lower your rating . They have done it in the past to military members possibly not know that they cant get by with it. IF they lower mine I will challenge it . VA hasnt changed in 5 years no reason to give to say it has changed with the military side.

Now I am no lawyer but from what I have read they cannot lower your rating . They have done it in the past to military members possibly not know that they cant get by with it. IF they lower mine I will challenge it . VA hasnt changed in 5 years no reason to give to say it has changed with the military side.
Thanks!!!! I’m just waiting on the results Via mail!!! Will post soon as they arrive!!

This is not true they are bound by VASRD but can make their own binding determination to be quite honest its usually the VA that can't prove the correct rating for the veteran this is backed up by the SSA who also state they don't know how so many vets get a 100% rating when the medical record doesn't back it up.

In my case it was the opposite the VA lowered my rating but the DoD sustained the higher one. When I appealed the VA decision they gave the same BS argument that the DoD rating wasn't binding on them but on appeal the BVA judge disagreed and ruled in my favor. It's much harder for them to do this but it doesn't mean they won't double down and fight you.

Just received my finding! I’ll be placed on permanent disability retirement with the NAVY rated at 80% still!!! According to the letter it takes 12 weeks for everything to kick in