Still waiting.. timeline and BRS Question

I signed my NARSUM on 19 Sep

VA finished decision 24 OCT but all I can see is 100% VA.

PEB is still pending.. PEBLO won’t tell me anything.

Any expectations on when VA finished and PEB does? I have no idea if they’re even separating me yet.

Also if you opted into BRS and get medically retired, can you still do the lump sum option? Or are you SOL?

Waiting is hard. My guess is four more weeks.

I signed my NARSUM on 19 Sep

VA finished decision 24 OCT but all I can see is 100% VA.

PEB is still pending.. PEBLO won’t tell me anything.

Any expectations on when VA finished and PEB does? I have no idea if they’re even separating me yet.

Also if you opted into BRS and get medically retired, can you still do the lump sum option? Or are you SOL?
This is only a Guess but I would assume if you can get the lump some before being found unfit you are good to go. Yes if you are medically retired before getting lump sum you are SOL.

I signed my NARSUM last week of July. VA finished proposed ratings 13 SEP, found unfit (but no paperwork) about a week after that. I just received my official findings yesterday, 8 NOV. I signed and returned them immediately (had to go into PEBLO's office to get the paperwork to sign). They told me that the paperwork will be back with PEB today, and to expect them to take 1-2 weeks to process, then they will forward to Navy Personnel (PERS) to process my orders, which should take 7-10 days for my command will receive my separation orders.

Also, I had the same question for my attorney about the lump sum. He said if I was rated at or above the 30% for my injury (which retires you), we could request that they separate me rather than retire me. It doesn't have to be approved at all, but he said it doesn't hurt to ask, just might take longer.

MEB found 3 conditions that don't meet retention standards - but that doesn't necessarily mean that i'm getting separated until they notify me.

something that's killing me is that I don't know If or when I'm getting separated. How does everyone know they're "unfit" ?

I'm tracking you won't know that for sure until the whole process is done

MEB found 3 conditions that don't meet retention standards - but that doesn't necessarily mean that i'm getting separated until they notify me.

something that's killing me is that I don't know If or when I'm getting separated. How does everyone know they're "unfit" ?

I'm tracking you won't know that for sure until the whole process is done
Some of it might just be assumptions. The assumption is that the VA doesn't rate you if you aren't found unfit. They also possibly could have heard from their lawyer, peblo or MSC.
I would say that if you have a 100% VA rating you've been found unfit, however the DOD only rates your referred conditions so they could have a wildly different number.

Some of it might just be assumptions. The assumption is that the VA doesn't rate you if you aren't found unfit. They also possibly could have heard from their lawyer, peblo or MSC.
I would say that if you have a 100% VA rating you've been found unfit, however the DOD only rates your referred conditions so they could have a wildly different number.
The VA will write proposed ratings regardless of the PEB findings, but if the PEB finds you fit for duty you won’t see them. I found out I was unfit by talking to my lawyer and my PEBLO. That was about a month and a half before I saw anything official.

The VA will write proposed ratings regardless of the PEB findings, but if the PEB finds you fit for duty you won’t see them. I found out I was unfit by talking to my lawyer and my PEBLO. That was about a month and a half before I saw anything official.
I was going to write something but I think we are on the same page. The PEB won't ask for ratings from the VA if they find you fit therefore you will never see them even though they will most likely still do the paperwork for them. But if the VA sent their ratings to the PEB you have probably been found unfit.

Update:

Final decision published. Separating 10% Army / 100% VA. Happy with it. Signing and bouncing out.
As long as you are happy with it, press on with pride. Godspeed!