Stop worrying about the money..Just getting approved

Grizzly1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Just getting approved from the CRSC will be more diffucult then all the boards u have gone thru. CRSC is another government B.S. red tape. It doesn't matter if you are retired (100% percent) by the military for combat related and 100% by the VA for combat related issues. NOT good enough.

CRSC runs off a totally different standards. I was retired 80% by Army for combat related issues. 100% P/T by the VA for combat related issues and the CRSC said not good enough.

You must show proof or evidance. That is very diffucult if years had gone by. I was told to do a line of investigation to prove my results.

It will never end-Glad I severed over 15 years and was told to retire with honors.

Grizz,

Your post speaks for itself, but were you denied CRSC? Can I ask what sort of documentation you submitted? How long did it take for a response? Did the CRSC board completely shut you down? If so do you have any recourse or appeals?

I had to speak with several different people, several different times to find out exactly what they were looking for. My wounded warrior rep even got involved to help move it along. Is that an option for you?

I was diened 2 times. I gave them all of my med docs from the army and the VA/ awards and dd 215 showing combat . This was a 4 to 5 month process. Yes, I am 100% p/t from the va and 80% from the army--- all combat related .... The CRSC board stated that none of that mattered. I needed proof, I ask them ??? do you want to see photos of the dead and combat zones.
I was told no. THE CRSC board in a scam that will only help some people. Physical injuries are a given if you have the proof.
Good luck...

pls read above.. Laura post.

I tried to explain what I went thru and it was stressful on a huge level dealing with them. IF there is someone that can help let me know...haha

I hate to say this, but, i have given up. My appeal was rendered in Feb this year. good luck with your run at them.

Grizz please dont take this the wrong way. You went through a lot like some have. You served your country to the fullest. Your going to let them tell you no and youre going to give up. I'm about to finish up my medboard and be done with all this. I'm about to apply for this CRSC. I see that this post was back in 2011. I hope you have kept up the good fight. We are trained not to take no for an answer, so call them back put a boot in there *** and get them in line. I was told by a lady working at the VA to go to the local VFW that they have an officer that is a liasion with the VA/ whoever. Go to yours and see if they can help. You got retirement so go on post if you live close enough or va office and get help.

Things have different meanings to different people. I remember once getting USAREC (Recruiting Command) on the phone and saying they needed to knock off recruiting reservists who lived on the other side of New York City from their new units. I was told there was no prohibition about that. I said it probably takes 4 hours on public transportation to get to the other side of the city, and its expensive. You can't expect someone serving in pay grade E-1 or E-2 to do that. The colonel repeated that there was no prohibition against it. I cited the enlistment regulation, AR 601-210, which said that recruiters had a moral responsibility to insure the reservists they recruited would attend drills. The colonel told me his idea of moral was different from mine. I lost the fight.

Combat related in somewhat like that. For CRSC it doesn't mean it happened in a combat zone and it doesn't mean that it happened when your unit was on a combat mission. CRSC was originally designed to apply ONLY to those wounded in actual combat. Based upon input by service organizations, it was expanded to include simulation of war (the actual simulation of offensive and defensive manuevers, not the maintanance of equipment while simulating war), and exceptionally hazardous duties such as parachuting and scuba diving.

So while the VA may say your disabilities are combat related, they are not using the same criteria which was established by Congress and the President when CRSC was enacted.