Stuck at the IPEB stage

Merry Christmas and happy New Year
Reaching out to see if anyone is experiencing the same situation. My case has not moved since 26 Nov 18 it’s at the “Preparation for decision” stage. Can anyone offer any feedback or timelines on what to expect. Thanks in advance.

I waited for my ratings for 3 months once I got my unfit memo. A littpe over actually. Hopefully yours dont take that long.

I have never gotten an unfit memo, just figured it they sent my case for ratings I must be unfit. Would this be correct ?

To be honest I'm not sure. But i would say so. It's probably just your peblo. There's very few good peblos. Mine sucks too. He probably just didn't call you to come pick the memo up.

I have never gotten an unfit memo, just figured it they sent my case for ratings I must be unfit. Would this be correct ?
Via DoD regulations for the IDES and from an U.S. Army perspective while in the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process, if the military service member is found "unfit for duty" by the PEB then the PEB will forward the military service member's IDES case file to the assigned DoVA D-RAS for adjudication of disability ratings on all PEB-referred "unfit for duty" military conditions to include all DoVA claimed contentions/conditions which were filed with the MSC. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

I rec'd my unfit memo on 20 December. Nothing yet. It seems it takes on average 10-20 days at this point. Though some outliers take months.

Can I ask which region you guys are in? I know my packet went to the Fort Lewis IPEB. I am just asking so we can start to correlate region to how long it takes to get ratings back. I'd assume those on the eastern side of the US would take longer since there are more bases and therefore more personnel being MEB/PEB processed. Just an idea.

I also have 20+ conditions listed. My PEBLO said that can impact how long it takes as well.

Yes, Eastern side of the US. My packet was sent to the IPEB on 6 Nov then 26 Nov my status went to “Preparation for decision”. I understand the Christmas holidays will delay things. It’s been a very,very long road but I know things are coming to an end soon. In my experience being Guard causes the delays to become longer. Most Guard Medical Treatment Facilitates either just plain don’t know the regulations dealing with LOD’s, MEB’s and PEB’s or just plain don’t care. In my case unfortunately it was both. When my case got to an Active Duty MTF and a PEBLO at that base things started happening fast. My PEBLO has been outstanding.
My goal is to help others (especially Guard) that do not have the time or resources to hire an Attorney or dig deep into the regulations and figure things out. I would hate to know how many Guardsman’s have just given up because there Medical Treatment Facilities have “blew smoke up their butts” or just been to lazy to do their job. Thanks for the advice.

Yes, Eastern side of the US. My packet was sent to the IPEB on 6 Nov then 26 Nov my status went to “Preparation for decision”. I understand the Christmas holidays will delay things. It’s been a very,very long road but I know things are coming to an end soon. In my experience being Guard causes the delays to become longer. Most Guard Medical Treatment Facilitates either just plain don’t know the regulations dealing with LOD’s, MEB’s and PEB’s or just plain don’t care. In my case unfortunately it was both. When my case got to an Active Duty MTF and a PEBLO at that base things started happening fast. My PEBLO has been outstanding.
My goal is to help others (especially Guard) that do not have the time or resources to hire an Attorney or dig deep into the regulations and figure things out. I would hate to know how many Guardsman’s have just given up because there Medical Treatment Facilities have “blew smoke up their butts” or just been to lazy to do their job. Thanks for the advice.
It is sad the guard and reserve are not up to standard in helping the Wounded Warriors.