Stuck on PEB fit/unfit

aukieaim

Registered Member
So my MEB was sent up to the PEB now entire month ago. It was supposed to be two weeks for a decision. Apparently there was a question and now there's a second vote... But I think that should have happened. Anyone else get stuck at this point?

I would give it 1-2 months!

My unfit determination was complete in 2 days but the IPEB never updated their system to reflect that they had sent my case to the VA. From what i understand the 6-8 weeks if for the entire process of fit/unfit determination as well as ratings determination. My package was sent to the IPEB on 17 Jul and was received by the VA on 20 Jul. Claim closed on 20 Aug and PEB was finished and returned to my PEBLO on 23 Aug. Signed my ratings on 26 Aug.

Check your va.gov. Once your case hits VA ratings you should see a new compensation claim (separate from the original one). Once that one is closed that means your case is at PEB for decision of DOD ratings. I'm going through the whole process right now (already got my ratings) so if you have any questions send me a message and I'll be more than glad to help.

My package was accepted at the PEB 26 days ago and I'm not expecting anything back for another 30.

I am sitting in a similar boat. Package received by IPEB 11 Jul, sent to VA on 23 July, VA received further medical info on 30 Jul and it has been sitting at "Pending Decision Approval" for two weeks now...

The waiting game is a character builder for sure...

My unfit determination was complete in 2 days but the IPEB never updated their system to reflect that they had sent my case to the VA. From what i understand the 6-8 weeks if for the entire process of fit/unfit determination as well as ratings determination. My package was sent to the IPEB on 17 Jul and was received by the VA on 20 Jul. Claim closed on 20 Aug and PEB was finished and returned to my PEBLO on 23 Aug. Signed my ratings on 26 Aug.
My PEBLO is telling me that what took you 2 days isn't done after a whole month. It isn't even to VA yet.

Check your va.gov. Once your case hits VA ratings you should see a new compensation claim (separate from the original one). Once that one is closed that means your case is at PEB for decision of DOD ratings. I'm going through the whole process right now (already got my ratings) so if you have any questions send me a message and I'll be more than glad to help.
I only have the original claim listed

He just says he doesn’t know why it’s taking so long tbh
The timelines they initially tell you are garbage. My package was accepted by the PEB on August 2nd and I'm still not done (though I am past the VA portion).

The timelines they initially tell you are garbage. My package was accepted by the PEB on August 2nd and I'm still not done (though I am past the VA portion).
Did you get your 199 yet? That’s an unfathomable amount of time to wait. It seems almost criminal to keep us in this state of perpetual waiting. I feel like Josef K in Frank Kafka’s “The Trial.” Stuck in the unknown bureaucracy never knowing when it will all end. It’s no so many unemployed veterans living on the streets.

Reason cases are taking so long is the consolidation of Army cases to the San Antonio office without the addition of staff. We're all just screwed until they work through the caseload. They're very unlikey to work through backlogged cases before the end of the year due to holidays.

Yeah mine just getting sent up to peb hopefully tomorrow officially. I'm not looking to hear nothing back until February because of holidays. But I'm sure it has to do with alot of stuff getting moved to joint base San Antonio...good luck with everyone time frame if your in a rush!

Did you get your 199 yet? That’s an unfathomable amount of time to wait. It seems almost criminal to keep us in this state of perpetual waiting. I feel like Josef K in Frank Kafka’s “The Trial.” Stuck in the unknown bureaucracy never knowing when it will all end. It’s no so many unemployed veterans living on the streets.
Haven't gotten anything yet

Reason cases are taking so long is the consolidation of Army cases to the San Antonio office without the addition of staff. We're all just screwed until they work through the caseload. They're very unlikey to work through backlogged cases before the end of the year due to holidays.

Wondering where this info came from. My case was submitted to the PEB at Lewis as of last week. I am stationed at Bliss FYI.

Wondering where this info came from. My case was submitted to the PEB at Lewis as of last week. I am stationed at Bliss FYI.

It's the information I'm receiving from my PEBLO and MEB lawyer.