Surgery during the PEB process?

MattCollins7

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My case was just submitted to the PEB this past Friday. My doc thinks that I may need another spinal fusion very soon. Am I able to undergo surgery during the PEB process or will it "reset" the process? Any information in regard to this would be greatly appreciated!

The Limdu Guy

Registered Member
I know it is discouraged. I'm not going to say its completely off limits but basically you've sent this package stating that your a certain type of way, if you have surgery, you wont be that type of way anymore. Hope that makes sense.

Please follow up with your peblo.

skrockij89

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was able to get surgery done while going through a MEB. The surgery was for the reason why I was getting MEB'd anyways. In order for me to get the surgery, my surgeon had to send in additional paperwork to my PEBLO to show that I warrant the surgery while going through the MEB. So in theory you can get a surgery if it warrants one during the MEB process.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Yes, if the surgery is not elective. It will probably delay your decision.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">