Surgical intervention after findings

Hello,
I have a doctor saying I need a surgical procedure on my shoulder after some imaging and an injection today. I have accepted findings and am awaiting orders and a date. Does anyone know of there is a reason not to have the procedure? I am 60% DOD so I will have tricare after retirement but I’d like to get it fixed now if I can.

Its normally in your best interest to wait till your all the way done. If you get it done before you get out the military will want to place you on a med hold until you recover and it can effect your ratings since they can try to get new rating post surgery.

Once your out you can get the surgery and the VA can place you on temp 100% depending on your expected recovery time

Do as you wish but understand that if the surgery fixes the problem, both VA and DOD can lower the rating later after it’s healed. If you get TDRL, there absolutely will be a reexam that 100% will effect your ratings.

Do as you wish but understand that if the surgery fixes the problem, both VA and DOD can lower the rating later after it’s healed. If you get TDRL, there absolutely will be a reexam that 100% will effect your ratings.
Thanks Tony. I am Pdrl. If it can improve my pain I will try I think