TBI comp and pen doctor submitted his results prior to giving me an exam.

Sgtmarine

Registered Member
I just had my TBI exam on may 12 2017 @800am. I first saw a neuropsychologist and she informed me that she had not reviewed any of my records so that she could perform an unbiased evaluation for cognitive functioning. She said that this exam would last about three hours and then she would review the result with the medical doctor and then he would be in to do some physical exams and talk about my TBI experiences. Well I finished my cognitive exam and she gave me a 15 minute break before the medical doctor came in to finish his portion of the exam. I text my girlfriend at 1023 am saying I was waiting for the next doctor to come in and finish. The medical doctor finally came in around 1040am. The first thing out of his mouth was "hey do you remember me?, I performed your 2009 TBI exam" He performed his entire eval in about 15 mins. I felt like I was doing a dui drunk driving test. On Monday may 15 2017 I was able to view the results of my TBI exam. Come to find out the medical doctor submitted my 2009 TBI exam and nothing about the May 12 2017 exam and he submitted it at 1015am, which means he submitted his diagnosis prior to giving me my exam. What can I do now?

Send an email to [email protected] withscreenshots of all appointment times, what you wrote here and any other supporting evidence. She works directly for the VA secretary and she gets results!!!!

I just had my TBI exam on may 12 2017 @800am. I first saw a neuropsychologist and she informed me that she had not reviewed any of my records so that she could perform an unbiased evaluation for cognitive functioning. She said that this exam would last about three hours and then she would review the result with the medical doctor and then he would be in to do some physical exams and talk about my TBI experiences. Well I finished my cognitive exam and she gave me a 15 minute break before the medical doctor came in to finish his portion of the exam. I text my girlfriend at 1023 am saying I was waiting for the next doctor to come in and finish. The medical doctor finally came in around 1040am. The first thing out of his mouth was "hey do you remember me?, I performed your 2009 TBI exam" He performed his entire eval in about 15 mins. I felt like I was doing a dui drunk driving test. On Monday may 15 2017 I was able to view the results of my TBI exam. Come to find out the medical doctor submitted my 2009 TBI exam and nothing about the May 12 2017 exam and he submitted it at 1015am, which means he submitted his diagnosis prior to giving me my exam. What can I do now?

First off, you should review what was submitted on the DBQ and see if the evidence he is submitting for your rating will get you the percentage that you believe you should get.

Are you familiar with how TBI is rated? Please take a look at this previous post I have made here on the forum.

C&P's are the compensation and pension exams that are either conducted by the VA itself, or a contractor the VA uses such as QTC.

You may be subjected to two different forms of VA doctors, those who will treat you for your injury and those who perform an examination for the basis of completing the disability benefits questionnaire (DBQ).

Typically the MEB process works like this, you are given a MEB referral by your primary care physician, you are then assigned a Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO). Those are on the DoD side, on the VA side you are given a Military Service Coordinator (MSC) who assists you in filing your VA claim.

Your TBI is rated based upon the residual conditions that are associated with it. There are 10 facets that the VA looks at when determining the rating. The ten facets are below:

MEMORY
JUDGMENT
SOCIAL INTERACTION
ORIENTATION
MOTOR ACTIVITY
VISUAL SPATIAL
SUBJECTIVE
NEURO BEHAVIORAL
COMMUNICATION
CONSCIOUSNESS

You are given a rating of 0-3 and total in each of the areas by the examiner (0 = 0%, 1 - 10%, 2 - 40% and 3 = 70%, total = 100%) , who uses information found in your medical records as well as a face to face physical exam. You may be given neuropsychological testing.