TBI not unfitting

ReinaCat

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My husband is in the PEB phase. He was just found unfit and are waiting on ratings. He has been active duty for 25 years so has a lot of physical issues as well as combat PTSD. His board was put in for PTSD as the only unfitting condition. He clearly has had several TBI's, and they are clear on his MRI's. The C&P's show all the residuals addressed. We went back and forth with the neurologist and she was unwilling to write and addendum for TBI saying it is not unfitting and it is all the PTSD. Neuropsych testing was done and shows deficits in processing speed and memory but she says they are not bad enough. He also has issues with migraines, vertigo, tinnitus, etc. He was tired of the back and forth and signed the narsum and sent the package off without a TBI addendum.

We were told if the VA ratings for the TBI and residuals come back high enough we should appeal the DOD. Any advice. My husband just wants to give up, but I want it done right. Thanks so much.

My husband is in the PEB phase. He was just found unfit and are waiting on ratings. He has been active duty for 25 years so has a lot of physical issues as well as combat PTSD. His board was put in for PTSD as the only unfitting condition. He clearly has had several TBI's, and they are clear on his MRI's. The C&P's show all the residuals addressed. We went back and forth with the neurologist and she was unwilling to write and addendum for TBI saying it is not unfitting and it is all the PTSD. Neuropsych testing was done and shows deficits in processing speed and memory but she says they are not bad enough. He also has issues with migraines, vertigo, tinnitus, etc. He was tired of the back and forth and signed the narsum and sent the package off without a TBI addendum.

We were told if the VA ratings for the TBI and residuals come back high enough we should appeal the DOD. Any advice. My husband just wants to give up, but I want it done right. Thanks so much.
In my opinion at this particular point within the DoD IDES process, if you believe that the TBI medical condition and its residuals are affecting your husband's ability to "reasonably perform duties of his or her office, grade, rank or rating" then upon receipt of the IPEB findings you should request a Formal PEB hearing and proceed from that point. Take care! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Thanks Warrior! I will be back here for sure when the ratings finally come in! Now all I can do is wait any hypothesize until I drive myself crazy! Hubby want it to be over, but he "Bull Dog" wants it right.

Thanks Warrior! I will be back here for sure when the ratings finally come in! Now all I can do is wait any hypothesize until I drive myself crazy! Hubby want it to be over, but he "Bull Dog" wants it right.
You are welcome! :cool: Indeed, I quite comprehend; continue to proceed onward for eventually success! ;)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!